Military Role Widens in Pandemic Response
Add Reply
MK
2020-03-21 04:29:25 UTC
https://www.wsj.com/articles/military-role-widens-in-pandemic-response-11584746488

WASHINGTON-The U.S. military said Friday it is preparing plans to take over
hotels and other buildings if necessary to add to the nation's supply of
hospital rooms, part of its response to the coronavirus emergency.

Pentagon officials detailed the plans as they opened up the range of
military capabilities and forces this week, with preparations for deploying
thousands of National Guard troops, providing hospital ships and ferrying
medical equipment.

The head of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers outlined plans for taking over
as many as 10,000 hotel rooms, college dormitories and other spaces in New
York to provide medical services to accommodate the exponential increase of
virus-related hospitalizations.

Based on a request from state officials and the Federal Emergency Management
Agency, or FEMA, which is coordinating the crisis response for the White
House, the Corps would forge contracts with hotels, colleges and possibly
sports arenas-all of which are largely empty anyway-to begin to transform
them into medical facilities, Lt. Gen. Todd Semonite said.

"We would then take the building over in a period of an exceptionally short
amount of days, and we would go in and turn this into an ICU-like facility,"
he said.

Nurses' stations would be built in the hallways of the empty hotels, for
example, he said. Other equipment, including wireless capability to give
medical staff the ability to monitor individual patients, also would be
installed, he said.

The planning reflects the urgency the military has begun to bring to the
issue this week as state governors and the White House scrambled to prepare
for a substantial increase in the number of coronavirus cases nationwide.
State and federal officials have forecast a steep demand for medical support
as hospitals are expected to become overrun with patients.

As of Friday, there were nearly 17,000 cases of the virus in the U.S.,
contributing to more than 200 deaths. California and Washington state have
seen the fastest spread, but New York has become a center of the pandemic in
the U.S., with more than 4,400 cases. New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo has been
pushing the federal government and the military for assistance.

Other military capabilities were already on the way. Defense Secretary Mark
Esper this week pledged two hospital ships, more than five million face
masks, virus test kits and ventilators to those regions that need it,
marking the first public offer of specific equipment and supplies the
military could provide.

In the meantime, Pentagon officials said Friday that the National Guard
already had activated hundreds more Guardsmen to help states.

A total of more than 3,300 Air and Army National Guardsmen were activated in
nearly 30 states and U.S. territories as of Friday, including California and
New York.

Air Force Gen. Joseph Lengyel, head of the military's National Guard Bureau,
said Thursday he expected the demand for more Guardsmen to grow rapidly
across the nation.

"It's hard to tell what the exact requirement will be, but I'm expecting
tens of thousands to be used inside the states as this grows," he said. "I
think this could quickly blossom in the next couple of weeks as governors
and states determine their needs and ways to use their National Guards."

There are about 450,000 Guardsmen across the nation, most serving in a
part-time capacity. Guard units also are being asked by governors to help
with local and state government logistics, transportation, sanitation and
sterilization and other efforts.

Some state and federal officials have suggested the Guard could back up law
enforcement personnel in areas that are under severe restrictions to contain
the spread of the virus, a move that could stoke public debate about the
role of the military in civilian U.S. life.

Gen. Lengyel said that placing the Guard under federal control for a
nationwide law enforcement function also would detract from the flexibility
governors now have in using the Guard.
Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
2020-03-21 04:39:01 UTC
Post by MK
[...]
Morons. So the government tells civilians to do
social distancing, shelter in place, self-isolating and
even total quarantining of self and family if infected yet
idiot government officials want to crowd military
personal together in hotel rooms and other multi-
roomed buildings to fit them as hospital rooms.

Is the military expendable? Is some subversive
element trying to infect our military?
--
Yours Truly, Sir Gregøry

"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the
essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and
not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived." __Henry David Thoreau
%
2020-03-21 04:44:02 UTC
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
Post by MK
[...]
so you can't even tell the truth about your strict bed time ,
what kind of head fk lies about when they go to bed
MK
I've noticed you've been kicking our oldest senior yacht boy.
%
i have , i didn't notice
Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
2020-03-21 04:49:23 UTC
so you can't even tell the truth about your strict bed time ,
what kind of head fk lies about when they go to bed
So I wish to stay up late one day out of a year.
TOUGH NOOGIES, Lhotse Face.

%
2020-03-21 04:51:37 UTC
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
Post by %
so you can't even tell the truth about your strict bed time ,
what kind of head fk lies about when they go to bed
So I wish to stay up late one day out of a year.
TOUGH NOOGIES, Lhotse Face.
you stayed up yesterday too
Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
2020-03-21 05:00:24 UTC
On Fri, 20 Mar 2020, % <***@gmail.com> wrote:

<...>
Post by %
you stayed up yesterday too
so you can't even tell the truth about your strict bed time ,
what kind of head fk lies about when they go to bed
My hawt little hoodie mountain girl ran away from
home so she' been staying with me. I've got to stay
up late enough so she's asleep so I don't get tempted
to jump her bones. I told her I was self-isolating so
as to not get exposed to the SARS-CoV-2 virus but,
since she's just a child, she's likely not got it herself
so she could self-isolate with me.

Checkmate
2020-03-25 07:33:41 UTC
Checkmate.

On Sat, 21 Mar 2020 01:00:24 -0400 "Sir Hømer Hall, Esq." put forth
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
<...>
Post by %
you stayed up yesterday too
so you can't even tell the truth about your strict bed time ,
what kind of head fk lies about when they go to bed
My hawt little hoodie mountain girl ran away from
home so she' been staying with me. I've got to stay
up late enough so she's asleep so I don't get tempted
to jump her bones. I told her I was self-isolating so
as to not get exposed to the SARS-CoV-2 virus but,
since she's just a child, she's likely not got it herself
so she could self-isolate with me.
If any of this were even remotely true, I could see you getting yourself
into some very deep shit real soon.

http://youtu.be/wT-8Dm1VThc

Sn!pe
2020-03-25 11:40:00 UTC
Checkmate.
On Sat, 21 Mar 2020 01:00:24 -0400 "Sir Hømer Hall, Esq." put forth
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
<...>
Post by %
you stayed up yesterday too
so you can't even tell the truth about your strict bed time ,
what kind of head fk lies about when they go to bed
My hawt little hoodie mountain girl ran away from
home so she' been staying with me. I've got to stay
up late enough so she's asleep so I don't get tempted
to jump her bones. I told her I was self-isolating so
as to not get exposed to the SARS-CoV-2 virus but,
since she's just a child, she's likely not got it herself
so she could self-isolate with me.
If any of this were even remotely true, I could see you getting
yourself into some very deep shit real soon.
FFS, just chuck him in the bin like all right-thinking Usenetters do.
I only see Gømer Gerk secondhand these days, pillock that he is.

Crapstain Neal Warren may fondly imagine that what he does is
Usenet Performance Art; it isn't, he merely demeans himself.
^Ï^ My pet rock Gordon just is.
Janithor
2020-03-25 11:46:20 UTC
x-no-archive: yes
Post by Sn!pe
Checkmate.
On Sat, 21 Mar 2020 01:00:24 -0400 "Sir Hømer Hall, Esq." put forth
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
<...>
Post by %
you stayed up yesterday too
so you can't even tell the truth about your strict bed time ,
what kind of head fk lies about when they go to bed
My hawt little hoodie mountain girl ran away from
home so she' been staying with me. I've got to stay
up late enough so she's asleep so I don't get tempted
to jump her bones. I told her I was self-isolating so
as to not get exposed to the SARS-CoV-2 virus but,
since she's just a child, she's likely not got it herself
so she could self-isolate with me.
If any of this were even remotely true, I could see you getting
yourself into some very deep shit real soon.
FFS, just chuck him in the bin like all right-thinking Usenetters do.
I only see Gømer Gerk secondhand these days, pillock that he is.
Crapstain Neal Warren may fondly imagine that what he does is
Usenet Performance Art; it isn't, he merely demeans himself.
It's pretty yucky in here. But then again that's part of the charm.
--
AUK Official Janitor, DoW #3, WAND #2
AC Checky Yes-Indeedy Bobble-Head & Swivel-Chair Award, November, 2019

"That's how the right thinks - pure binary." - MN
Checkmate
2020-03-26 18:06:59 UTC
Checkmate.

On Wed, 25 Mar 2020 04:46:20 -0700 Janithor put forth the following
Post by Janithor
x-no-archive: yes
Post by Sn!pe
Checkmate.
On Sat, 21 Mar 2020 01:00:24 -0400 "Sir Hømer Hall, Esq." put forth
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
<...>
Post by %
you stayed up yesterday too
[...]
Number 7 in top-rated newsgroups, out of well over 100,000 total groups on
Usenet, and I created it without the blessings of any of the Nazis in the
configgy group.

http://youtu.be/wT-8Dm1VThc

MK
2020-03-27 00:07:03 UTC
Checkmate.
On Wed, 25 Mar 2020 04:46:20 -0700 Janithor put forth the following
Post by Janithor
x-no-archive: yes
Post by Sn!pe
Checkmate.
On Sat, 21 Mar 2020 01:00:24 -0400 "Sir Hømer Hall, Esq." put forth
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
<...>
you stayed up yesterday too
You should thank me!
Checkmate
2020-03-26 18:02:09 UTC
Checkmate.

On Wed, 25 Mar 2020 11:40:00 +0000 Sn!pe put forth the following
Post by Sn!pe
Checkmate.
On Sat, 21 Mar 2020 01:00:24 -0400 "Sir Hømer Hall, Esq." put forth
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
<...>
Post by %
you stayed up yesterday too
so you can't even tell the truth about your strict bed time ,
what kind of head fk lies about when they go to bed
My hawt little hoodie mountain girl ran away from
home so she' been staying with me. I've got to stay
up late enough so she's asleep so I don't get tempted
to jump her bones. I told her I was self-isolating so
as to not get exposed to the SARS-CoV-2 virus but,
since she's just a child, she's likely not got it herself
so she could self-isolate with me.
If any of this were even remotely true, I could see you getting
yourself into some very deep shit real soon.
FFS, just chuck him in the bin like all right-thinking Usenetters do.
I only see Gømer Gerk secondhand these days, pillock that he is.
Crapstain Neal Warren may fondly imagine that what he does is
Usenet Performance Art; it isn't, he merely demeans himself.
I find him more interesting that Miss Catty, which apparently is causing
her fits of jellusness.

http://youtu.be/wT-8Dm1VThc

MK
2020-03-27 00:08:38 UTC
Post by Sn!pe
Checkmate.
On Sat, 21 Mar 2020 01:00:24 -0400 "Sir Hømer Hall, Esq." put forth
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
<...>
you stayed up yesterday too
Oh course you do, my little Sir Gerk pin cushion.
Checkmate
2020-03-28 03:14:01 UTC
Checkmate.

Post by Sn!pe
Checkmate.
On Sat, 21 Mar 2020 01:00:24 -0400 "Sir Hømer Hall, Esq." put forth
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
<...>
Post by %
you stayed up yesterday too
[...]
Says the cow who let a cop use her fat ass for a dick scabbard...

http://youtu.be/wT-8Dm1VThc

MK
2020-03-29 06:57:03 UTC
Post by Sn!pe
Checkmate.
On Sat, 21 Mar 2020 01:00:24 -0400 "Sir Hømer Hall, Esq." put forth
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
<...>
Post by %
you stayed up yesterday too
[...]
You really are a sick fuck. Just sayin'. I just wanted to know you were
okay, and you subject this to this abuse, because you are brainwashed with
Catholic Priest Sir Gerk.

I hope some day you can see it, everyone else does.
Checkmate
2020-03-29 21:37:30 UTC
Checkmate.

Post by Sn!pe
Checkmate.
On Sat, 21 Mar 2020 01:00:24 -0400 "Sir Hømer Hall, Esq." put forth
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
<...>
Post by %
you stayed up yesterday too
[...]
You can't stop spewing fag lames out of your cock-sucker, and you call ME
the sick fuck? What "everyone else" probably sees, is a sexually
frustrated old cow who's obsessed and butthurt over me. Just move on, for
fuck's sake.

http://youtu.be/wT-8Dm1VThc

2020-03-25 14:00:10 UTC
Checkmate.
On Sat, 21 Mar 2020 01:00:24 -0400 "Sir Hømer Hall, Esq." put forth
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
<...>
you stayed up yesterday too
never listen to anything the gerk says
Checkmate
2020-03-26 18:08:09 UTC
Checkmate.

On Wed, 25 Mar 2020 07:00:10 -0700 % put forth the following notion,
Checkmate.
On Sat, 21 Mar 2020 01:00:24 -0400 "Sir Hømer Hall, Esq." put forth
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
<...>
Post by %
you stayed up yesterday too
so you can't even tell the truth about your strict bed time ,
what kind of head fk lies about when they go to bed
My hawt little hoodie mountain girl ran away from
home so she' been staying with me. I've got to stay
up late enough so she's asleep so I don't get tempted
to jump her bones. I told her I was self-isolating so
as to not get exposed to the SARS-CoV-2 virus but,
since she's just a child, she's likely not got it herself
so she could self-isolate with me.
If any of this were even remotely true, I could see you getting yourself
into some very deep shit real soon.
never listen to anything the gerk says
Sometimes his statements... "lack candor".

http://youtu.be/wT-8Dm1VThc

2020-03-26 18:18:08 UTC
Checkmate.
On Wed, 25 Mar 2020 07:00:10 -0700 % put forth the following notion,
Checkmate.
On Sat, 21 Mar 2020 01:00:24 -0400 "Sir Hømer Hall, Esq." put forth
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
<...>
you stayed up yesterday too
they aren't his , everything he says is off the tv
Checkmate
2020-03-25 07:30:41 UTC
Checkmate.

On Sat, 21 Mar 2020 00:39:01 -0400 "Sir Hømer Hall, Esq." put forth
Post by Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
Post by MK
[...]
Perhaps the military will also be tasked with rounding up a lot of
Democratic politicians who have been very naughty. Perhaps they'll be
jailed temporarily in the two hospital ships...

i can cut and i can paste
MK
2020-03-21 04:50:10 UTC
i can cut and i can paste
So how about posting the best of them here, instead of posting LOL to the
kernals posts?
%
2020-03-21 04:54:22 UTC
Post by MK
Post by %
i can cut and i can paste
So how about posting the best of them here, instead of posting LOL to the
kernals posts?
how about when you pay all of my day to day costs then you can tell me
what to do , besides i don't reply to colonel posts ,
but there are 2 other fake %'s roaming around
MK
What's your price? I'm hiring.
%
hiring but not reading i see
Checkmate
2020-03-25 07:34:11 UTC
Checkmate.

On Fri, 20 Mar 2020 23:50:10 -0500 MK put forth the following notion,
Post by MK
Post by %
i can cut and i can paste
So how about posting the best of them here, instead of posting LOL to the
kernals posts?
lol

http://youtu.be/wT-8Dm1VThc

2020-03-25 14:01:33 UTC
Post by MK
Post by %
i can cut and i can paste
So how about posting the best of them here, instead of posting LOL to the
kernals posts?
lol
post the best of what