What economists have gotten wrong for decades
2019-08-03 15:05:03 UTC
He doesn't read. Too smart. Already knows the answers. Stable
Supergenius guy. His daddy was born in Germany.
Damn you are a narcissist.
Klaus Schadenfreude
2019-08-03 15:14:18 UTC
On Sat, 3 Aug 2019 13:26:28 +0200, kensi
@gmail.nospam.invalid says...
As far as we women are concerned, the ones working to roll back campus
sexual assault policies are "adhering to our Enemies, giving them Aid
and Comfort". Perhaps those ones should be hanged from the neck until dead.
So much for the "tolerant" left.
You're right: we don't tolerate rape. Or misogyny.
But you do support misandry and bigotry, so perhaps you need to be
hung from the neck until dead. After a fair trial, of course.
Klaus Schadenfreude
2019-08-03 15:14:51 UTC
@gmail.nospam.invalid says...
college environment, more often than not, it's the woman
who willingly opens her legs due to inebriation and/or
drugs but then has second thoughts when she sobers up
so she cries rape in order to deny her own culpability.
Proof, ko0k?
He came forward and said it, just like the hoes did about Kavanaugh. So
it must be true.
I believe him. That should be good enough.
Klaus Schadenfreude
2019-08-03 15:15:51 UTC
@gmail.nospam.invalid says...
And when rich white guys do rape they get lighter sentences because,
geez, nobody wants to harm their future that is so bright! Insane.
Or they even get appointed to the damn Supreme Court. :P
Who would that be nitwit? I want names and proof.
So quick to jump up and defend him even when he's mentioned obliquely.
As *you* would put it, "to[sic] much defense".
Why are you so emotionally invested in the rich privileged Catholic
prep-school rapist, k0ok? Is there some way that he reminds you of you?
Seems you identify with him quite strongly. So does Checkmate. I wonder why?
So you can't say who, that part scares you. If you are talking about
Kavanaugh I still haven't seen proof. Do you have any?
Isn't high-pitched screeching by some old, forgotten college sluts
GOOD enough any more? LOL
Nadegda
2019-08-03 15:26:08 UTC
On Sat, 3 Aug 2019 01:04:45 -0000 (UTC), Steve Carroll <"Steve
On Fri, 2 Aug 2019 17:45:27 -0000 (UTC), Steve Carroll <"Steve
When you consider the amount of liberty we have compared to other
countries (that can't defend themselves to the extent we can), it's a
no-brainer (not a Utopian one, a real world one).
That's easy for someone with white privilege to say.
And in the case of Carroll, someone with white privilege who demands
special entitlements.
A person who lives on a gov't paycheck whining about "others"
regarding "entitlements". You're funny, Snit ;)
He is amusing but also he is a very sad individual. Snit lacks all
the characteristics of having any honor.
Ask Snit about his "honesty and honor" contract. I'm serious ;)
It was foolish to think you would join me in being honest and
honorable... and should have guessed even years later you would lie
about your efforts. And here it comes in 3... 2... 1...
Still, I would love to see you join me in being honest and honorable.
The irony of having to 'contract in' to be "honest and honorable" is
*still* lost on you.
Is there a better way to get you to join me in being so?
The idea that you're being honest is silly... and you know it.
LOL! Why don't you talk about the people that took
you up of this (out of frustration, hoping they could stave off some of
your trolling). IIRC, Sandman might have some of this stuff on his site.
Speaking of Sandman and his dishonest trolling site,
How does it work that *everyone else* is "dishonest" but *you're* OK?
Another Skeeter sock.
Klaus Schadenfreude
2019-08-03 15:31:03 UTC
Post by Nadegda
[...]
Another excuse to run away. From the Snit Playbook. I hope you are
paying him royalties.

[chuckle]
Snit
2019-08-03 17:20:08 UTC
Post by Nadegda
[...]
Carroll and Skeeter are "co-trolling" in the most amazingly hilarious
ways. Skeeter just spews insults and obvious lies at this point, and
Carroll does that but takes it even further to do the rhetorical
equivalent of standing on a debate stage punching his own face screaming
"Stop hitting me! Stop hitting me!"

I have never seen anyone, ever, with such an amazing victim mentality as
he has.

I think Carroll is hoping Skeeter can be his new "Sandman", a guy
Carroll co-trolled with for years... but Skeeter is NOWHERE near as
capable as Sandman was.
somehow superior by attacking the messenger.

2019-08-03 18:27:12 UTC
Post by Snit
Post by Nadegda
[...]
You are dishonest and can not show me where I have lied. You tell lies
about us to your new reacharound buddy Nads in hopes "someone" will
listen.
Post by Snit
I have never seen anyone, ever, with such an amazing victim mentality as
he has.
You're the only one I see crying about everything.
I'm capable to get you to respond 100 times a day.
Steve Carroll
2019-08-03 15:32:52 UTC
You snipped his whole post you dishonest troll.
It's obvious that he's lying... the funnier part is where he 'explained'
how 'localhost' means: "local to you in that it is near where you live".

The guy has a Masters degree in IT... I think we now know why he isn't
working in IT. The taxpayers should demand a refund for what they spent
on his 'education', he's proven to be a bad "investment" ;)

Snit's "proof"...
<http://www.reservationdiary.eu/eng/reservation/d76d1156-e9f7-43c1-b77b-b07189857820>

In case the link breaks... preserved for posterity (and laughing at Snit)

<https://imgur.com/a/0CG4aAw>

Ask him what happened to his Wordpress blog and the websites that used
to be in his portfolio section on his 'business' site. You'll see some
*real* spinning there. LOL!
Snit
2019-08-03 17:16:10 UTC
Post by Steve Carroll
You snipped his whole post you dishonest troll.
It's obvious that he's lying... the funnier part is where he 'explained'
how 'localhost' means: "local to you in that it is near where you live".
Note you made this up. I never said, suggested, hinted, or implied that
"localhost" means that.

What I noted is how you are arguing with yourself and you keep begging
me to take sides. It has to be one of the most insane trolling bits I
have ever seen ANYONE engage in. You are just pissed you again got
caught lying in the most obvious of ways:

Carroll, claimed his "The Old Neighborhood Restaurant" website was
always made with WordPress. It was trivial to show Carroll lied:

http://web.archive.org/web/20150217224456/http://oldneighborhoodrestaurant.net/
OR <http://tinyurl.com/y2u3goth>
-----
Go Daddy Website Builder v6.1.7"/>
-----

Carroll responds <qhpgof$3jh$***@dont-email.me>:
-----
If I'm the one lying, prove I had anything to do with that site.
----

Carroll is demanding *I* prove he made the site *he* insisted he made...
LOL!

And below you point to links YOU showed and attribute them to me.
Remember, NOBODY in this group would even know about the "The Old
Neighborhood Restaurant" unless YOU brought it up.

2019-08-03 18:18:29 UTC
In article <qi49f4$osn$***@dont-email.me>, "Steve Carroll"@noSPAM.none
says...
Post by Steve Carroll
You snipped his whole post you dishonest troll.
It's obvious that he's lying... the funnier part is where he 'explained'
how 'localhost' means: "local to you in that it is near where you live".
The guy has a Masters degree in IT... I think we now know why he isn't
working in IT. The taxpayers should demand a refund for what they spent
on his 'education', he's proven to be a bad "investment" ;)
Snit's "proof"...
<http://www.reservationdiary.eu/eng/reservation/d76d1156-e9f7-43c1-b77b-b07189857820>
In case the link breaks... preserved for posterity (and laughing at Snit)
<https://imgur.com/a/0CG4aAw>
Ask him what happened to his Wordpress blog and the websites that used
to be in his portfolio section on his 'business' site. You'll see some
*real* spinning there. LOL!
He thinks "local host" means in your area? I don't know shit about IT
and still know better than that.
Snit
2019-08-03 18:30:49 UTC
Post by Steve Carroll
[...]
Keep in mind Carroll lied. But you support dishonesty.
somehow superior by attacking the messenger. They cling to their attacks
and ignore the message time and time again.
mixed nuts
2019-08-03 15:45:57 UTC
He doesn't read. Too smart. Already knows the answers. Stable
Supergenius guy. His daddy was born in Germany.
Damn you are a narcissist.
That's impossible - my daddy wasn't born in Germany and I don't own a
resort with rat and vermin infestations and various other health code
violations that could make my Russian and China people investors sick
while I collude with them.
Grizzly H.
Skeeter
Nice spin.
Steve Carroll
2019-08-03 16:20:34 UTC
The you want to make the whole country like Chicago?
Of course not. What a bizarre straw man.
I want people in Chicago, and everywhere else in the country, to have
equal rights -- including equal rights in representation.
As do I.
Cool. So no more electoral college. Or really, no more Senate (not that
this is ever going to happen, but good to see you back that).
The electoral college is to keep the populous States from hamming it
over the smaller. The same with the Senate. You liberals will never
get rid of either.
We are not likely to go end the special entitlements. Agreed.
LOL! Right, because it's not a "special entitlement" for fat, out of
shape people to get their medical costs lowered by those in shape (like
the ones on farms in the areas you want to remove the vote from). BTW,
what does your 'plan' to do address all farms going out of business
because you've created a situation where no one wants to be a farmer (or
a cop, doctor, teacher, etc., for that matter)?

I realize that the phrase "promote the general welfare" means, in your
mind, 'give away a bunch of free stuff by taking it from people left
wondering WTF?', but has it ever occurred to you that you don't actually
"promote" anything by *encouraging* people to be fat to the point where
it's a health crisis? Shouldn't we have a situation where the unhealthy,
due to their life choices, should bear the brunt of costs while those
who've taken care of themselves get the break? Does that not sound more
like 'promotion'? Is there no concept of self responsibility in your
'plan', everything is just magically 'made better' by Daddy Government?
What is being 'promoted' towards the general welfare by doing this? I'm
not seeing it.
Snit
2019-08-03 17:10:31 UTC
Post by Steve Carroll
The you want to make the whole country like Chicago?
Of course not. What a bizarre straw man.
I want people in Chicago, and everywhere else in the country, to have
equal rights -- including equal rights in representation.
As do I.
Cool. So no more electoral college. Or really, no more Senate (not that
this is ever going to happen, but good to see you back that).
The electoral college is to keep the populous States from hamming it
over the smaller. The same with the Senate. You liberals will never
get rid of either.
We are not likely to go end the special entitlements. Agreed.
LOL! Right, because it's not a "special entitlement" for fat, out of
shape people to get their medical costs lowered by those in shape (like
the ones on farms in the areas you want to remove the vote from).
I want equal rights to representation. You twist that to me wanting to
remove the vote for some. This is what you extreme right wingers do --
YOU want to remove the right to vote from people in prison, for example,
where I want ALL citizens to be able to vote. By denying the right to
vote for people in prison we as a country have created even more
incentive to imprison people. That is bad.

But instead of facing your own desire to take the vote from people, you
lie about others wanting to do so. You twist the idea of EQUAL rights to
be YOU being a victim. It is a part of the right wing victim mentality.

Below you pretend that somehow equal rights has all sorts of bad
consequences, as if allowing more people to vote (blacks and women and
non-land owners) and ending slavery and allowing gays equal rights to
marriage is what "destroyed" the country.

But let me guess -- you STILL deny you are showing open bigotry.

2019-08-03 18:24:11 UTC
Post by Snit
Post by Steve Carroll
[...]
He never said that, you did. He's talking about the electoral vote. You
want it gone. Without it votes from middle America would not count.
People in prison lost their voting right when the committed the crime.
Post by Snit
But instead of facing your own desire to take the vote from people, you
lie about others wanting to do so. You twist the idea of EQUAL rights to
be YOU being a victim. It is a part of the right wing victim mentality.
He never said that, you did.
Post by Steve Carroll
[...]
The Snit pattern is already starting to emerge. Soon Snit will snip and
run claiming we never responded.
Just Wondering
2019-08-03 17:16:46 UTC
And *again*, why don't you explain why you (obviously) believe that
'the rich' have all their wealth sitting around in a vault somewhere.
Oh, it's *much* worse than that. They are constantly shuffling it among
themselves by "investing" in each other;
And nothing ever comes of it, right? No jobs are ever created, no gov't
contracts are ever doled out?
https://www.forbes.com/sites/annemarieknott/2019/02/21/why-the-tax-cuts-and-jobs-act-tcja-led-to-buybacks-rather-than-investment/
You know what *does* create jobs? *Unmet demand*. And what creates that?
Putting more spending cash in the pockets of the working class and
unemployed.
You know what does that? Personal responsibility. Improving
your talents. Making yourself more valuable to employers.
NOT more government power and control. NOT government-
compelled "redistribution" of other people's money.
Snit
2019-08-03 17:25:41 UTC
And *again*, why don't you explain why you (obviously) believe that
'the rich' have all their wealth sitting around in a vault somewhere.
Oh, it's *much* worse than that. They are constantly shuffling it among
themselves by "investing" in each other;
And nothing ever comes of it, right? No jobs are ever created, no gov't
contracts are ever doled out?
https://www.forbes.com/sites/annemarieknott/2019/02/21/why-the-tax-cuts-and-jobs-act-tcja-led-to-buybacks-rather-than-investment/
You know what *does* create jobs? *Unmet demand*. And what creates
that? Putting more spending cash in the pockets of the working class
and unemployed.
You know what does that?  Personal responsibility. Improving
your talents.  Making yourself more valuable to employers.
NOT more government power and control.
You act like someone is against personal responsibility even as they
argue they want to promote people taking personal responsibility by
having a stronger tie between productivity and financial reward.

Breaking this tie, which has been getting more and more broken since the
1980s, discourages the very things you say you want.
NOT government-
compelled "redistribution" of other people's money.
As that tie breaks we are redistributing money TO the rich. You again
shoot yourself in the foot.
somehow superior by attacking the messenger.

Snit
2019-08-03 17:27:33 UTC
(snip)
What I want is a list of why it cost $775. A itemized statement.
I do not believe that has been released. If so I have not seen it. i
You know what else hasn't been released? A post by you explaining why
you believe HHS (which is where you got the $775 figure) only when it
suits you.
You think they lied about the amount of money they made... and thus
likely get even more (after all they have an incentive to make
themselves look good, and costing more makes them look bad).

Fair enough: I should say, based on your claims, that they make AT LEAST
$775 per child per day. Thanks for pointing this out (and shooting
yourself in the foot again).

You and other right wingers are defending felony child abuse tied to
redistribution of money to the for-profit prison corporations because
their parents MIGHT have committed a misdemeanor (though since seeking
asylum is legal that is not even a given). I cannot back the corporate
socialism that you are OK with, and even worse I will NEVER back child
abuse as you do.
somehow superior by attacking the messenger.

2019-08-03 18:28:13 UTC
Post by Snit
[...]
You are dishonest. You were asked to provide proof of that amount and
you keep diverting from it. Snit is dishonest.
Snit
2019-08-03 17:28:10 UTC
I disagree with you about this... but clearly Carroll agrees. Why do you
two see everything as being about me? It is creepy as hell.
It's you that keeps repeating your paranoia. No one is stalking or
harassing you yet you keep making reference to it. Are you skeered
little fella?
Snit claims-- out of one side of his mouth-- that it's "creepy as
hell."
Yet he does absolutely nothing BUT encourage it, over and over again.
Interesting.
I think the 'citizens' of usenet should help Snit find a way to monetize
continually setting himself up as a 'victim'. It's not like we don't
get anything out of it ;)
I cannot get Carroll to stop... but I sure as hell can rub his nose in
his mess time and time again.
somehow superior by attacking the messenger.

2019-08-03 18:29:04 UTC
Post by Snit
I disagree with you about this... but clearly Carroll agrees. Why do you
two see everything as being about me? It is creepy as hell.
It's you that keeps repeating your paranoia. No one is stalking or
harassing you yet you keep making reference to it. Are you skeered
little fella?
Snit claims-- out of one side of his mouth-- that it's "creepy as
hell."
Yet he does absolutely nothing BUT encourage it, over and over again.
Interesting.
I think the 'citizens' of usenet should help Snit find a way to monetize
continually setting himself up as a 'victim'. It's not like we don't
get anything out of it ;)
I cannot get Carroll to stop... but I sure as hell can rub his nose in
his mess time and time again.
Maybe if you stop acting like a victim Carroll will stop kicking you
around.
Snit
2019-08-03 17:29:18 UTC
@gmail.nospam.invalid says...
@gmail.nospam.invalid says...
As far as we women are concerned, the ones working to roll back campus
sexual assault policies are "adhering to our Enemies, giving them Aid
and Comfort". Perhaps those ones should be hanged from the neck until dead.
So much for the "tolerant" left.
You're right: we don't tolerate rape. Or misogyny.
We never claimed we did.
Neither do I, but you support guilty before proven innocent.
Ah, you do not support "guilty before proven innocent". EXCELLENT! Then
let's apply this to darker skinned people stuck in different camps and
prisons.

So happy to hear you take on this liberal position. Thanks!
Only
because you hate Trump.
somehow superior by attacking the messenger.

2019-08-03 18:30:15 UTC
Post by Snit
@gmail.nospam.invalid says...
@gmail.nospam.invalid says...
As far as we women are concerned, the ones working to roll back campus
sexual assault policies are "adhering to our Enemies, giving them Aid
and Comfort". Perhaps those ones should be hanged from the neck until dead.
So much for the "tolerant" left.
You're right: we don't tolerate rape. Or misogyny.
We never claimed we did.
Neither do I, but you support guilty before proven innocent.
Ah, you do not support "guilty before proven innocent". EXCELLENT! Then
let's apply this to darker skinned people stuck in different camps and
prisons.
Do you really think people reading this can't see you spinning because
you can't refute what I say?
because you hate Trump.
Snit
2019-08-03 17:43:26 UTC
I think we agree that those who generally speak of identifying with the
term are dangerous and violent and no matter their stated purpose or goal
are dangers to society. I do not think either of us back that in this area.
Do you extend this to other dangerous and violent groups? I do. Left or
right. Legal or illegal. I do not back the use of needless violence.
It is "interesting", however, that the only groups you ever bitch about
are "right-wing".
You mean the groups and the individuals running around killing people in
mass shootings and who have proved themselves to be the largest
terrorist threat to the US.

You mean I focus on that over a non-group that has engaged in, as far as
I have seen, ZERO murders (which does not suggest zero violence, and of
course I do not back the violence).

Yes, Carroll, I focus on murder and terrorism and the destruction of
rights and people demanding special entitlements over people who act
poorly in response to that. ABSOLUTELY!

But you do not. In fact you think it is somehow unfair to treat the two
"sides" here the same -- you want a special focus on those who are not
with you, on the extreme far right. You want special entitlements and
you play victim.

And you are damned right I am against that!
Recently, you even repeated your erroneous statement
that right wing terrorists are the biggest terrorist threat we face.
https://www.adl.org/news/op-ed/right-wing-extremist-violence-is-our-biggest-threat-the-numbers-dont-lie
-----
January 24, 2019

The fact is right-wing extremists collectively have been responsible for
more than 70 percent of the 427 extremist-related killings over the past
10 years, far outnumbering those committed by left-wing extremists or
domestic Islamist extremists — even with the sharp rise of
Islamist-extremist killings in the past five years.
-----

Notice where right wing terrorism and other such killings have gotten so
bad the stats for them have been split (Islamist extremists are a subset
of extreme right wingers such as yourself).

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/01/homegrown-terrorists-2018-were-almost-all-right-wing/581284/
-----
The number of fatalities is 35 percent higher than the previous year,
and it marks the fourth-deadliest year for such attacks since 1970. In
fact, according to the ADL, white supremacists are responsible for the
majority of such attacks “almost every year.” The 2018 attacks include
the one at Pittsburgh’s Tree of Life synagogue by a man who blamed Jews
for the migrant caravan, the mass shooting at a yoga studio by an
“incel” obsessed with interracial dating, and the school massacre in
Parkland, Florida, carried out by a student who wished that “all the
Jews were dead.”

From 2009 through 2018, right-wing extremists accounted for 73 percent
of such killings, according to the ADL, compared with 23 percent for
Islamists and 3 percent for left-wing extremists. In other words, most
terrorist attacks in the United States, and most deaths from terrorist
attacks, are caused by white extremists. But they do not cause the sort
of nationwide panic that helped Trump win the 2016 election and helped
the GOP expand its Senate majority in the midterms.

When white extremists kill, politicians do not demand that they be
racially profiled. They do not call for bans on white people coming to
the United States. They do not insist that white people’s freedom of
movement be restricted, their houses of worship be surveilled, their
leaders be banned from holding public office, or their neighborhoods be
“secured” and occupied by armed agents of the state. And they do not
demand that taxpayers foot the bill for a massive, symbolic monument
that will register America’s official disdain for white people in
perpetuity.
------

Wow... it is as if their description of such bigotry was written for you!

https://www.csis.org/analysis/rise-far-right-extremism-united-states
------
The threat from right-wing terrorism in the United States—and
Europe—appears to be rising. Of particular concern are white
supremacists and anti-government extremists, such as militia groups and
so-called sovereign citizens interested in plotting attacks against
government, racial, religious, and political targets in the United
States. The October 27, 2018, Pittsburgh synagogue shooting by Robert
Bowers, and the arrest a day earlier of Cesar Sayoc who sent pipe bombs
to prominent Democrats, appear to be the most recent manifestations of
this trend. Both perpetrators were far-right extremists. Although
violent left-wing groups and individuals also present a threat,
far-right-networks appear to be better armed and larger. There also is a
continuing threat from extremists inspired by the Islamic State and
al-Qaeda. But the number of attacks from right-wing extremists since
2014 has been greater than attacks from Islamic extremists.
-----

I know... this is evidence and you hate that.
realize you like to parrot articles you've read but that idea is silly by
most any sensible metric (loss of life, loss of $$, etc.). Just because
Islamic extremists are much more patient and plan far more effectively
doesn't mean our homegrown ntiwits are even close to the damage they've
done. The homies are years, if not decades, behind.
Ah, you and your fellow non-Islamic right wing extremists are being
over-represented because you think other right wing extremists are more
patient and capable than you are.

You are ALWAYS the victim of your lack of abilities. Oy.
somehow superior by attacking the messenger.

Cite, with statistics.
Snit
2019-08-03 17:44:28 UTC
The you want to make the whole country like Chicago?
Of course not. What a bizarre straw man.
I want people in Chicago, and everywhere else in the country, to have
equal rights -- including equal rights in representation.
As do I.
Cool. So no more electoral college. Or really, no more Senate (not that
this is ever going to happen, but good to see you back that).
Bullshit, If you dump the electoral then shithole states like California
and NY could decide who is president instead of all of America.
The PEOPLE would decide.

You do not like the idea of equal rights to representation. Sure. You
like a system more akin to affirmative action.
somehow superior by attacking the messenger.

Snit
2019-08-03 17:48:20 UTC
@gmail.nospam.invalid says...
https://www.healthsystemtracker.org/chart-collection/quality-u-s-healthcare-system-compare-countries/
You just LOVE to preach correlation equals causation.
You really should learn what that phrase means before you keep using it.
You really should look at the world BMI index before you talk about why
U.S. health care costs what it does.
If Americans are less healthy it surely has something to do with lack of
affordable access to preventive care.
No it's because they live like pigs.
If so, which are the worst?

https://www.stateofobesity.org/data/

Generally the poor, conservative, South. True for Obesity, Diabetes,
Hypertension, lack of Physical Inactivity, and more.

They get a LOT of help from the blue states. Maybe we should stop
sending the them government assistance... after all we know how much you
right wingers hate it when the poor get assistance from others.
somehow superior by attacking the messenger.

Snit
2019-08-03 17:51:15 UTC
On 8/3/19 7:36 AM, Steve Carroll wrote:
Why are you asking me to help you find message IDs so you can prove to
yourself what you said as you debate yourself?
I really do not care what lies of yours you believe or not.
Seriously this is one of your more idiotic games.
LOL! The only game I'm playing is pointing out your obvious lie and all
the spinning you're doing to cover it. One part of the game is where I
show your new usenet 'friends' (that you're crosstrolling to COLA with)
how "Honest and Honorable" you are. Granted, it's foolish... but fun...
for me ;)
You are standing on a debate state punching yourself in the face
screaming "Stop punching me! Stop punching me!"

Can you decide which side of the argument you are even on? You keep
arguing with yourself and then blaming me. And why? Because I busted you
with this insane lie:

Snit
2019-08-03 17:58:01 UTC
https://www.healthsystemtracker.org/chart-collection/quality-u-s-healthcare-system-compare-countries/
You just LOVE to preach correlation equals causation.
You really should learn what that phrase means before you keep using it.
You really should look at the world BMI index before you talk about why
U.S. health care costs what it does.
If Americans are less healthy it surely has something to do with lack of
affordable access to preventive care.
Ya think? Americans eat crap, don't exercise and smoke/drink/party their
asses off.
And the red states, esp. in the south, are the worst:

https://www.stateofobesity.org/data/

Worst stats on Adult Obesity, Childhood Obesity, Diabetes, Hypertension,
and (lack of) Physical Inactivity.
Smoking is the leading cause of 'preventable' death.
Not sure that is still correct, but that is worse in the same areas:

Conservatives really drag this country down in a lot of ways.
Oddly,
the poor (lowest 20%) smoke at a much higher rate than other groups.
When you have little hope and know that no matter how hard you work you
are not likely to get ahead many people turn to self destructive behavior.

And then they turn to the blue states to help them out... getting
massive federal assistance.
Were they to take that money and buy some actual food they'd get more
for the money (the thing Snit keeps arguing about). And if they were to
exercise (all people should) they'd get even more (years of life). Heart
monitor waiting list too long? Blame everything but the activity of the
people on the list! Sure, that makes sense <eyeroll>.
Oh, wait, you meant dragging their fat, tired, out of shape asses to a
Dr.s office so he can tell them this stuff and they'll ignore it until
that expensive hospital trip comes up. Nevermind.
You do not understand how extreme poverty, often tied to the bigotry of
people like yourself, impacts the choices people make:

https://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2013/11/your-brain-on-poverty-why-poor-people-seem-to-make-bad-decisions/281780/
-----
Your Brain on Poverty: Why Poor People Seem to Make Bad Decisions

In August, Science published a landmark study concluding that poverty,
itself, hurts our ability to make decisions about school, finances, and
life, imposing a mental burden similar to losing 13 IQ points.

It was widely seen as a counter-argument to claims that poor people are
"to blame" for bad decisions and a rebuke to policies that withhold
money from the poorest families unless they behave in a certain way.
After all, if being poor leads to bad decision-making (as opposed to the
other way around), then giving cash should alleviate the cognitive
burdens of poverty, all on its own.
But rational self-control in the real world, Kable says, isn't so
black-and-white. Perhaps you have enough patience to wait an hour for a
train, or to lose one pound each week with exercise and dieting. That
sounds responsible. But what happens if the train isn't there in 90
minutes? If you never lose weight and you're making yourself miserable
with your diet? Maybe you should give up! "In this situation, giving up
can be a natural — indeed, a rational — response to a time frame that
wasn’t properly framed to begin with," Maria Konnikova summed it up for
the Times.

As Andrew Golis points out, this might suggest something even deeper
than the idea that poverty's stress interferes with our ability to make
good decisions. The inescapability of poverty weighs so heavily on the
author that s/he abandons long-term planning entirely, because the
short-term needs are so great and the long-term gains so implausible.
The train is just not coming. What if the psychology of poverty, which
can appear so irrational to those not in poverty, is actually "the most
rational response to a world of chaos and unpredictable outcomes," he wrote.

None of this is an argument against poorer families trying to save or
plan for the long-term. It's an argument for context. As Eldar Shafir,
the author of the Science study, told The Atlantic Cities' Emily Badger:
“All the data shows it isn't about poor people, it’s about people who
happen to be in poverty. All the data suggests it is not the person,
it's the context they’re inhabiting.”
-----
somehow superior by attacking the messenger.

Snit
2019-08-03 17:59:05 UTC
*I* am talking about those cities, the Dem failures after promising the
moon. You're just loopy... this "Nads" character is pretty detached, too.
Reasonable person: People are having to choose between "mommy's
basement" and homelessness.
Nads: The solution is obvious, you fascist... let in as many people who
have less than a high school education and can't speak the language as
possible and pay for their existence.
Reasonable person: Wait a minute... how does that work? The jobs they
get will guarantee they'll be no better than the basement dwellers and
it will only take jobs away from them.
Nads: You ignorant scum, we raise the minimum wage to $100 an hour, this
will mean more people will spend and there will be more jobs!
Reasonable person: But that will just drive up *all* wages.
Nads: Exactly! And everyone will be rich! This is Utopia, you fool, line
up or start swimming.
Please to be posting the MID where Nadegda said any of this, ko0k?
The point is... reality isn't suspended simply because someone believe
it should be.
The point is you could not back your view nor refute that of others so
you lie and back lies.

And then you play victim.
somehow superior by attacking the messenger.

Snit
2019-08-03 18:00:35 UTC
And *again*, why don't you explain why you (obviously) believe that
'the rich' have all their wealth sitting around in a vault somewhere.
Oh, it's *much* worse than that. They are constantly shuffling it among
themselves by "investing" in each other;
And nothing ever comes of it, right? No jobs are ever created, no gov't
contracts are ever doled out?
https://www.forbes.com/sites/annemarieknott/2019/02/21/why-the-tax-cuts-and-jobs-act-tcja-led-to-buybacks-rather-than-investment/
Are you arguing that no investor should ever get a return on their
investment?
Clearly NOT! And no reasonable person would think or suggest Kensi said,
suggested, hinted, or implied any such thing.

But you do. You know you cannot refute what has been said so you push
the most bizarre ideas with the implication she pushed them. You are
simply waving your white flag and lying.

somehow superior by attacking the messenger.

Snit
2019-08-03 18:01:45 UTC
Carroll keeps running.
Running?
Yes. See above. I did not snip a single word. You did. And here is what
So point to *my* "claims" where I state I built a Go Daddy Website
Builder
site.
A site is generally known by its URL
Which has nothing to do with the claim you refuse to back.
It has everything to do with your idiotic game. Given how a site is
generally known by its URL or what business it is tied to or the like --
I am asking you to be clear and say if you mean the The Old Neighborhood
Restaurant site... no matter what tools were used to make it?
Do you mean the Old Neighborhood Restaurant site?
The demo I
built was local, Snit... don't forget, *you* proved it was local ;)
More of your semantic games: the Old Neighborhood Restaurant was
local to you in that it is near where you live, but as I prove above the
the Old Neighborhood Restaurant site was a live site and is archived by
the WayBackMachine.
http://web.archive.org/web/20150217224456/http://oldneighborhoodrestaurant.net/
OR <http://tinyurl.com/y2u3goth>
      -----
      Go Daddy Website Builder v6.1.7"/>
      -----
      -----
      If I'm the one lying, prove I had anything to do with that site.
      ----
You demanded *I* prove you made the site *you* insisted you made... LOL!
Should be easy if it happened. Right, Mr. Honesty and Honor?
You've had years now, what's the hangup?
Well?
I have no obligation to help you prove your claims to be true. LOL!
You do realize you are arguing against your own claims, right?
Carroll keeps running. If he was not such a bigoted asshole insisting
that race should be used as a factor in deciding who is "suspicious" I
might feel sorry for him.
And below you ask me to prove YOUR claim about your site... demanding I
prove you did not lie about it when you showed a link to it and bragged
about how great it was.
You literally are arguing with yourself, Carroll... you HAVE to know
that, right?
   -----
   So now you're stuck proving that I had anything to do with
   the original site or that I ever met the owner or talked to
   him about building a WP site to replace the site he has
   that looks like you built it. LOL!
   -----
This is literally Carroll begging to have his own claims proved to be
correct. He is arguing with himself there.
Has to be one of your most hilarious trolling bits in a long time.
Carroll ran again. He is standing on stage, punching himself in the
face, and screaming "Stop hitting me! Stop hitting me!"
somehow superior by attacking the messenger.

Snit
2019-08-03 18:04:20 UTC
Antifag is a facist organization.
Let me guess: also war is peace, ignorance is strength, and we were
always at war with Eastasia.
"The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was
their final, most essential command" -- George Orwell in 1984, written
in 1948.

"Ans just remember what you're seeing and you're reading is not what's
happening" -- Donald Trump, 2018

They sincerely seem to be using 1984 as an instruction manual.
somehow superior by attacking the messenger.

Snit
2019-08-03 18:05:21 UTC
https://www.healthsystemtracker.org/chart-collection/quality-u-s-healthcare-system-compare-countries/
You just LOVE to preach correlation equals causation.
You really should learn what that phrase means before you keep using it.
You really should look at the world BMI index before you talk about why
U.S. health care costs what it does.
If Americans are less healthy it surely has something to do with lack of
affordable access to preventive care.
It is also tied to a huge break in productivity and financial gain --
when that tie is broken people become hopeless and the incentive to do
better is weakened.
somehow superior by attacking the messenger.

Snit
2019-08-03 18:06:31 UTC
And *again*, why don't you explain why you (obviously) believe that
'the rich' have all their wealth sitting around in a vault somewhere.
Oh, it's *much* worse than that. They are constantly shuffling it among
themselves by "investing" in each other;
And nothing ever comes of it, right? No jobs are ever created, no gov't
contracts are ever doled out?
https://www.forbes.com/sites/annemarieknott/2019/02/21/why-the-tax-cuts-and-jobs-act-tcja-led-to-buybacks-rather-than-investment/
You know what *does* create jobs? *Unmet demand*. And what creates that?
Putting more spending cash in the pockets of the working class and
unemployed.
Are you suggesting we should not worship the rich as the great and
benevolent "job creators"? HEATHEN!
sending much of it to overseas
tax havens to avoid contributing back into the system that has benefited
them so much
... is something we *know* even "liberal" tech companies will do when
the gov't takes too big a bite.
There are no "liberal" companies. However they market themselves all big
businesses ultimately support right wing policies, because right wing
policies benefit them and their fatcat owners at everyone else's expense.
and parking the rest in real estate they don't use,
So... like the $$ you envision sitting in a vault, this land never get
used. LOL!
https://www.theguardian.com/society/2017/aug/01/empty-homes-normal-rules-do-not-apply-to-super-rich-in-london
https://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/07/nyregion/more-apartments-are-empty-yet-rented-or-owned-census-finds.html
https://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/real-estate/no-home-manhattan-luxurious-apartments-article-1.1928637
somehow superior by attacking the messenger.

Snit
2019-08-03 18:07:09 UTC
Yeah, who should be more trusted to invest, the ones who built the
Interstate highway system or the ones who spent bailout money on stock
buybacks to line their own greedy pockets?
She said as she made my point. Who gave them "bailout money"?
Trump.
What a moron you are.
https://rightwingk00kshite.com/what-was-the-bank-bailout-bill-3305675
https://www.forbes.com/sites/annemarieknott/2019/02/21/why-the-tax-cuts-and-jobs-act-tcja-led-to-buybacks-rather-than-investment/
SPNAK!
Carroll needs to see this, too.
somehow superior by attacking the messenger.

Snit
2019-08-03 18:08:12 UTC
So in PRINCIPLE, can you see what is appealing about spending less to
get better care? Can you see how this is a likely outcome, and is an
outcome already enjoyed by many around the world?
   I have never seen the government run anything well it will become
bloated with bureaucrats.
   I will oppose it until I see evidence and details on how it will
work.
   Listening to you is like hearing someone say we can go to other
planets and having no idea what that would require.  You have no idea
of the complexities here.
You disingenuous k0ok.
You say this as if it's something *nobody's ever done before*, when
there are all these other countries with working universal healthcare
systems you can copy, such as Finland.
Just not the Brits' NHS. Dear God, not the NHS.
*snicker*
Mattb does not think the US can be as great as these other countries, at
least in the area of health care.
somehow superior by attacking the messenger.

Snit
2019-08-03 18:09:08 UTC
[...]
Carroll, often with socks, plays the same games with me -- it is his way
of admitting he cannot support his point, nor refute yours, so he feels
the need to lie.

It is a form of waving his very tattered white flag.
somehow superior by attacking the messenger.