What economists have gotten wrong for decades
2019-08-02 20:07:50 UTC
In article <qi24gp$so3$***@dont-email.me>, ***@gmail.invalid
The pattern is, they don't complain that wrong ideas aren't taught
when the correct ideas don't challenge the profits of giant corporations
(climate change), white supremacy (racial IQs not being different), or
Christian theocracy (evolution).
Excellent and correct list.
Of course it is -- it came from kensi. Remember this: kensi is always
right. Always.
The *one* other thing that right-wingers constantly kvetch about in
connection with universities being sexual assault policies, because they
want it to be easier for privileged young men to rape and to get away
with rape. They're disgusting that way.
And when rich white guys do rape they get lighter sentences because,
geez, nobody wants to harm their future that is so bright! Insane.
Or they even get appointed to the damn Supreme Court. :P
Who would that be nitwit? I want names and proof.
Steve Carroll
2019-08-02 20:09:53 UTC
(snip)
The you want them all canceled?
I want you to say how we can pay. You have no answer.
You claim it is happening now so how is it being paid for now?
Debt. Massive debt.
But it's not so bad that we should afford anyone coming over the border
free legal representation, medical care, food, housing in hotel/motels,
etc.
Key word: Anyone. Nope. I disagree with your proposal there.
That does not mean, of course, we should not understand the value of
bringing in people of working class and younger. With our aging
population if we do not we are in big trouble. Nor do I think we should
give up our values nor break US nor international law and turn away
those rightfully seeking asylum. But your view of "Anyone" -- no. I
cannot join you there.
We should fix our immigration system so decisions do not take decades --
would any right winger accept a 20 year waiting period on guns? -- but
to just do as you say and let "Anyone" in. No.
Democrats don't want it fixed.
This is you speaking for others without evidence. Please provide such
evidence.
OK Chicago. Dems never fixed it and they run the city for
decades.
They have not run the country...
They're running cities all over the country, a large chunk of them are
totally f*cked up. What, do you think if you vote in all Dems it's going
to change how those (too often, corrupt) people in city and state govt's
do business? Can you possibly be *that* clueless?!
"You want the Democrats to negotiate with the pharmaceutical industry AS
IF they had the power to do so in a stronger way even though they do
not?" - Snit

That's right, even if you voted in all Dems at the fed level ("run the
coutnry") they have limited power. IOW, start noticing your
contradictions (that I keep pointing out).
Snit
2019-08-02 20:48:21 UTC
Post by Steve Carroll
[...]
Right... it is an idiotic idea to say Democrats should act as if we have
single payer when we do not.
somehow superior by attacking the messenger.

Nadegda
2019-08-02 20:10:58 UTC
anyone that supports the idiot Snit can't be to bright.
Hi, Skeetard!
--
FNVWe Nadegda

"By all means, compare these shitheads to Nazis. Again and again. I'm with
you." -- Mike Godwin, Aug 13, 2017, 8:03 PM
Skeeter admits he mooches his mother's laptop:
2019-08-02 20:15:20 UTC
In article <qi25ch$so3$***@dont-email.me>, ***@gmail.invalid
anyone that supports the idiot Snit can't be to bright.
Hi, Skeetard!
Proof kook.

Damn you're dumb.
Skeeter
2019-08-02 20:11:38 UTC
In article <qi24n5$so3$***@dont-email.me>, ***@gmail.invalid
The Republicans are actively fighting against the US having a
representative government.
Right, because
Voter suppression.
Gerrymandering.
SPNAK!x2
Your snipping the part that you couldn't refute is a self spank on your
part.
mixed nuts
2019-08-02 20:11:58 UTC
Conservatives say they are being discriminated against
Cite
It's a well known fact among conservatives who are under constant attack
by the left. Just watch Faux Nooz for 6 hours a day - hardly a minute
goes by (between TP and accident lawyer and buy gold commercials) when
discrimination against conservatives isn't mentioned. Did you know that
Ilhan Omar is very anti-conservative? That's mentioned a lot. Also,
antifa throws water and milkshakes on conservatives which is practically
terrorism. That's mentioned a lot too.
Good, since it's true it should be reported.
Conservatives whine about it every day, including The President, so now
it's up to the judges to convict everyone who doesn't honer The
Conservatives.
Grizzly H.
Skeeter
2019-08-02 20:16:31 UTC
Post by mixed nuts
Conservatives say they are being discriminated against
Cite
It's a well known fact among conservatives who are under constant attack
by the left. Just watch Faux Nooz for 6 hours a day - hardly a minute
goes by (between TP and accident lawyer and buy gold commercials) when
discrimination against conservatives isn't mentioned. Did you know that
Ilhan Omar is very anti-conservative? That's mentioned a lot. Also,
antifa throws water and milkshakes on conservatives which is practically
terrorism. That's mentioned a lot too.
Good, since it's true it should be reported.
Conservatives whine about it every day, including The President, so now
it's up to the judges to convict everyone who doesn't honer The
Conservatives.
We don't beat up people and burn our own schools because a liberal wants
to speak. Talk about anger.
mixed nuts
2019-08-02 21:22:10 UTC
Post by mixed nuts
[...]
Conservatives are holy god-fearing people who get really angry at being
replaced by people who aren't white christians who support Israel and
only drive over people who get in their way and only shoot people at
concerts and festivals and schools and churches with open carry rifles
and pistols and Nazi flags and professional tactical gear loadouts (camo
underpants, army socks, OD snotrags).
Grizzly H.
Skeeter
Just look at California, a shithole of shitholes.
Steve Carroll
I lived there for almost 20 years... it's sad what's happened.
Skeeter
2019-08-02 20:21:40 UTC
In article <qi25pq$2v9$***@dont-email.me>, "Steve Carroll"@noSPAM.none
says...
Post by Steve Carroll
[...]
I was born and raised in SO CAL, a real shithole. Govt corruption run
rampid.
Snit
2019-08-02 20:44:01 UTC
Post by Steve Carroll
[...]
People with less than equal representational power get screwed.
somehow superior by attacking the messenger.

Nadegda
2019-08-02 20:14:14 UTC
When you consider the amount of liberty we have compared to other
countries (that can't defend themselves to the extent we can), it's a
no-brainer (not a Utopian one, a real world one).
That's easy for someone with white privilege to say.
You're confusing that term with reality, color has nothing to do with
what I'm talking about. That you guys reduce everything to color just
highlights the fact that you aren't willing to address reality. Sure,
there's racism, all over the world by people of every color, but that
doesn't mean it sits at the root of every issue.
Hey, fuckhead. Yeah, you, fuckhead. You were just saying how you (a
white) feel safe and secure because of compromises made about
fundamental human rights where those compromises disproportionately
harm black people. You have gone on record *repeatedly* defending
the racial profiling of black and Latinx people by law enforcement.

And then you deny that white privilege is at all relevant? Really?

<smh>

He never said that, you did, snit clone.
Steve Carroll
2019-08-02 20:22:17 UTC
[...]
It's called a whi... uh, 'surrender flag', it's done when you've lost
the argument.
Steve Carroll
2019-08-02 20:20:20 UTC
[...]
Where "profiling" is what a cop will do in his mind. I already stated
that I'm not OK with acting on mere suspicion alone. IOW, you don't
understand what you're reading (or you're purposefully 'pulling a Snit').
Skeeter
2019-08-02 20:23:12 UTC
In article <qi25u3$2v9$***@dont-email.me>, "Steve Carroll"@noSPAM.none
says...
Post by Steve Carroll
[...]
This whole conversation started about people wandering around the border
where no one needs to wander around.
Steve Carroll
2019-08-02 20:26:32 UTC
Post by Steve Carroll
[...]
Even back then I said not merely on darker skin because so many at the
border have it (including border agents). But this doesn't stop them
from being intellectually dishonest. When you run out of steam you kill
the messenger when you're afflicted with this issue.
Skeeter
2019-08-02 20:28:26 UTC
In article <qi269n$2v9$***@dont-email.me>, "Steve Carroll"@noSPAM.none
says...
Post by Steve Carroll
Post by Steve Carroll
[...]
Snit ignored the fact that these
"profilers" known as the border patrol is 72% latino.
Snit
2019-08-02 20:40:10 UTC
Post by Steve Carroll
Post by Steve Carroll
[...]
You used darker skin as a basis for determining if someone is more
"suspicious" and even used specific races in your examples. Meanwhile
you run when asked about what rights YOU should have to give up based
NOT on your race but your known actions.
somehow superior by attacking the messenger.

Nadegda
2019-08-02 21:09:06 UTC
Post by Steve Carroll
[...]
Who decides "where no one needs to wander around", kooky? You?

Snit
2019-08-02 20:42:09 UTC
Post by Steve Carroll
[...]
"alone". You use race as a determining factor on if someone is
"suspicious" and then cry when your racism is called out and show
hypocrisy when you are asked what rights you should give up.

Carroll:
-----
Reasonable people understand there's a balance between
security and rights.
-----

Be specific: what rights should be tossed out the window to make sure
you never contact me outside of Usenet again, no less my wife, family,
friends, co-workers, employers, neighbors, clients, etc.?
somehow superior by attacking the messenger.

Nadegda
2019-08-02 21:08:31 UTC
[...]
[defends the racial profiling of black and Latinx people by law
enforcement *again*]
When in a hole, kook, stop digging!

can you dig it
Snit
2019-08-02 21:10:56 UTC
[...]
He denies it because it does not harm him. And he still plays victim.
somehow superior by attacking the messenger.

Steve Carroll
2019-08-02 20:14:30 UTC
I would agree not all Democrats are liberals (nor all liberals
Democrats). For example, Hillary Clinton is hardly a liberal but is a
Democrat, I am liberal but not a Democrat.
Hillary is a twat. That's the sum of it.
http://hildoclump.wordpress.com
I don't trust your links.
It's a wordpress.com link, so it's pretty safe. The irony here is, Snit
is a web dev, he should be able to host his own version of Wordpress and
create his own theme (at least be able to tweak an existing theme). You
could go to wordpress.com and get a site up in minutes, the URL would be
something like: http://skeeter.wordpress.com
Skeeter
Snit lies about his accomplishments.
Steve Carroll
Well, he did have to click a button to perform the installation ;)
Snit
2019-08-02 21:01:38 UTC
Post by Steve Carroll
I would agree not all Democrats are liberals (nor all liberals
Democrats). For example, Hillary Clinton is hardly a liberal but is a
Democrat, I am liberal but not a Democrat.
Hillary is a twat. That's the sum of it.
http://hildoclump.wordpress.com
I don't trust your links.
It's a wordpress.com link, so it's pretty safe. The irony here is, Snit
is a web dev, he should be able to host his own version of Wordpress and
create his own theme (at least be able to tweak an existing theme). You
could go to wordpress.com and get a site up in minutes, the URL would be
something like: http://skeeter.wordpress.com
You think I am obligated to host my own server to make such a site? WTF

And keep in mind you could have made your "The Old Neighborhood
Restaurant" website with WordPress AS YOU CLAIMED YOU DID. It was
trivial to show you lied:

http://web.archive.org/web/20150217224456/http://oldneighborhoodrestaurant.net/
OR <http://tinyurl.com/y2u3goth>
-----
Go Daddy Website Builder v6.1.7"/>
-----

Carroll responds <qhpgof$3jh$***@dont-email.me>:
-----
If I'm the one lying, prove I had anything to do with that site.
----

Carroll is demanding *I* prove he made the site *he* insisted he made...
LOL!
somehow superior by attacking the messenger.

Steve Carroll
2019-08-02 21:11:06 UTC
Post by Snit
Post by Steve Carroll
I would agree not all Democrats are liberals (nor all liberals
Democrats). For example, Hillary Clinton is hardly a liberal but is a
Democrat, I am liberal but not a Democrat.
Hillary is a twat. That's the sum of it.
http://hildoclump.wordpress.com
I don't trust your links.
It's a wordpress.com link, so it's pretty safe. The irony here is, Snit
is a web dev, he should be able to host his own version of Wordpress and
create his own theme (at least be able to tweak an existing theme). You
could go to wordpress.com and get a site up in minutes, the URL would be
something like: http://skeeter.wordpress.com
You think I am obligated to host my own server to make such a site? WTF
I think any web dev worthy of the title would buy server space, like you
currently have for your 'business' (hint: you can host it on the same
server) and do the thing on their own.

(snip repeated lies)
Snit
2019-08-02 21:16:39 UTC
Post by Snit
Post by Steve Carroll
[...]
Carroll, of course, ran.
somehow superior by attacking the messenger.

Nadegda
2019-08-02 20:18:17 UTC
On Wed, 31 Jul 2019 17:08:37 -0700, Snit
Sadly yes but all I can do is refuse to vote for any politician that
would rather help illegals than homeless Americans.
It's a shame it's come to that. I like the melting pot idea but adding
too many too quickly when they won't/can't assimilate is an ever present
issue. Now that it's been weaponized things are f*cked.
If they win the election soon they will need to fix the problem I
would think Obama did much the same as Trump just didn't want a wall.
What court order dealing with immigrants did Obama ignore?
Obama removed more immigrants a year than Trump has and you liberals
said nothing. What is that about other than a election gambit one I
hope you lose.
SC gave you a lose on the wall it seems. Now while I don't support
a wall I do support the barriers being repaired.
To me, a 'wall' can be better (and more) fencing. We need more than just
replacing the current stuff, there are still too many open areas.
Such as? Show a map and show where you want new borders made.
I'm fine with the areas identified by the CPB.
But you cannot find it.
??? The salient point isn't the locations,
When you speak about "areas" it is very important for you to be able to
say what areas you mean. Kinda key, really.
The only "key" thing is that they're "open" and traversable.
What areas do you mean?
Oh. You have none.
Note, I am not saying none exist -- like the Democrats I back improving
our physical borders and extending them where there is good reason to
think it will make a difference and not just be a huge symbol that harms
America and costs lots of money.
I do notice you never ask how to pay for the wall that harms America...
but you do ask how we can afford to invest in the future of America and
help those truly in need.
I bet he never asks how to pay the bloated Pentagon budget either. Or for
giant tax cuts for the rich. Or for wars of foreign adventure.

Snit
2019-08-02 21:10:08 UTC
[...]
Yup. How can we pay to be moral... always asked. How can we pay to serve
the rich... never asked.
somehow superior by attacking the messenger.

2019-08-02 20:22:42 UTC
You have not answered how you will pay. You have no plan. You never cry
about freebies for the rich. I work for investments into the country and
helping those truly in need.
Like our own homeless instead of fence jumpers?
But when suggestions are made to help the homeless the right screams
"Socialism" and refuses to help.
Cite?
See COLA.
I don't drink soda and I don't go to groups that I have no interest in.
You're right here numbskull.
Nope. We can and should do both. We have the money to do both. We have
the promise of doing both. And it is in our financial best interest to
do both.
So why would we not?
22 trillion in debt and you say we have the money. It is to laugh.
We can afford to save money.
Who is "we"?
the nation of the country
Skeeter
oh those guys
Nadegda
2019-08-02 20:23:35 UTC
Israel is a ally that you support the terrorist is no surprise.
<facepalm>
Hi Skeeter!
He really isn't very good at the whole socking-up thing, is he? Too
transparent. Too many tells.

<snicker>

2019-08-02 20:25:40 UTC
In article <qi2647$so3$***@dont-email.me>, ***@gmail.invalid
Israel is a ally that you support the terrorist is no surprise.
<facepalm>
Hi Skeeter!
He really isn't very good at the whole socking-up thing, is he? Too
transparent. Too many tells.
<snicker>
Can you show these "tells"? You are really more confused than a room
full of gender queers.
Nadegda
2019-08-02 20:27:25 UTC
On Fri, 2 Aug 2019 13:51:36 +0200, kensi
How will you pay for all this? Details?
Another clear pattern. Right wingers ask "how will we pay for single
payer healthcare?" and "how will we pay for tuition-free state
colleges?" (neverminding that you *did* pay for the latter, in the
past), but never do right wingers ask "how will we pay for the F-35s?"
or "how will we pay for the Iraq invasion?"
Now why might that be?
Here we again see a leftist incorrectly calling people "right
wingers" I'm not far left but far from being a right winger.
You might *think* that, but your actual stated political positions place
you firmly on the right wing ... almost on the *far* right, in fact.

And you are far left, or stupid as we call it.
Mattb
2019-08-02 21:00:51 UTC
On Fri, 2 Aug 2019 20:27:25 -0000 (UTC), Nadegda
On Fri, 2 Aug 2019 13:51:36 +0200, kensi
How will you pay for all this? Details?
Another clear pattern. Right wingers ask "how will we pay for single
payer healthcare?" and "how will we pay for tuition-free state
colleges?" (neverminding that you *did* pay for the latter, in the
past), but never do right wingers ask "how will we pay for the F-35s?"
or "how will we pay for the Iraq invasion?"
Now why might that be?
Here we again see a leftist incorrectly calling people "right
wingers" I'm not far left but far from being a right winger.
You might *think* that, but your actual stated political positions place
you firmly on the right wing ... almost on the *far* right, in fact.
Why because I oppose socialism and AOC? What position are you
talking about Details.......

I'm betting like Snit you can't provide any.
Snit
2019-08-02 21:24:14 UTC
Post by Mattb
On Fri, 2 Aug 2019 20:27:25 -0000 (UTC), Nadegda
On Fri, 2 Aug 2019 13:51:36 +0200, kensi
How will you pay for all this? Details?
Another clear pattern. Right wingers ask "how will we pay for single
payer healthcare?" and "how will we pay for tuition-free state
colleges?" (neverminding that you *did* pay for the latter, in the
past), but never do right wingers ask "how will we pay for the F-35s?"
or "how will we pay for the Iraq invasion?"
Now why might that be?
Here we again see a leftist incorrectly calling people "right
wingers" I'm not far left but far from being a right winger.
You might *think* that, but your actual stated political positions place
you firmly on the right wing ... almost on the *far* right, in fact.
Why because I oppose socialism and AOC?
It is fine to oppose them... but to scream about them as your boogiemen
is a right wing delusion. And you do that.
Post by Mattb
What position are you
talking about Details.......
I'm betting like Snit you can't provide any.
I have. Repeatedly. It is also a trait of the far right to deny evidence.
somehow superior by attacking the messenger.

Snit
2019-08-02 21:11:37 UTC
On Fri, 2 Aug 2019 13:51:36 +0200, kensi
How will you pay for all this? Details?
Another clear pattern. Right wingers ask "how will we pay for single
payer healthcare?" and "how will we pay for tuition-free state
colleges?" (neverminding that you *did* pay for the latter, in the
past), but never do right wingers ask "how will we pay for the F-35s?"
or "how will we pay for the Iraq invasion?"
Now why might that be?
Here we again see a leftist incorrectly calling people "right
wingers" I'm not far left but far from being a right winger.
You might *think* that, but your actual stated political positions place
you firmly on the right wing ... almost on the *far* right, in fact.
Right... and I gave specific examples elsewhere. His crying about
"socialism" and lying about AOC non-stop, for example.
somehow superior by attacking the messenger.

Mattb
2019-08-02 20:30:34 UTC
If you answer that correctly,
you don't even begin to discuss single payer health care, or more
federal involvement in education, because the Constitution does not
grant the federal government power to do those things.  Of course,
if you're a Democrat, you don't worry about such niceties and the
problem goes away.
If you really care about the law then surely you want to follow in it in
terms of offering asylum to people... oh. That is a sore spot for those
on the right.
Snit couldn't refute so he twisted it to fit his agenda.
That seems to be Snit's modus operandi and a few other progressive
type liberals.
Mattb
2019-08-02 20:34:04 UTC
[...]
They have not run the country... and those in cities have the least
representational power (or I should say those in states with higher
populations). You blame the impacts on those with the least power for
what those with the most power have contributed to so heavily.
The you want to make the whole country like Chicago?
BTW you need to look in the mirror how many times have you referred
to me as 'right wing' and implied all 'right wing' think exactly
alike. Snit a progressive hypocrite.
Not all right wingers need think alike -- that is an idea you have
dropped in the conversation. And your insane fear of AOC and your
screaming "socialism" incoherently places you firmly in the extreme
right wing whacko camp.
I do say you are a lying idiot as I seldom use the word 'right wing'
I normally sat far right and far left. Right wing is a propaganda
word of progressives and liberals.
They need it messed up for the 2020
election. So what if people are hurt as long as the Dems win a
election. They've done that to Blacks for decades didn't fix the
problem just put a little money on the problem.
Again, claims you make with no support.
You don't support shit for all the claims you make. Chicago is a
good example of how Democrats have used the minorities for decades.
See how you feel the need to lash out and lie. You have not even
answered how you think we can keep affording to pay more for less in
terms of health care.
That is not a lie or they would have done things to end the gangs
and promote businesses moving in making jobs.
Snit
2019-08-02 21:08:35 UTC
Post by Mattb
[...]
Of course not. What a bizarre straw man.

I want people in Chicago, and everywhere else in the country, to have
equal rights -- including equal rights in representation.
Post by Mattb
BTW you need to look in the mirror how many times have you referred
to me as 'right wing' and implied all 'right wing' think exactly
alike. Snit a progressive hypocrite.
Not all right wingers need think alike -- that is an idea you have
dropped in the conversation. And your insane fear of AOC and your
screaming "socialism" incoherently places you firmly in the extreme
right wing whacko camp.
Below you run from this.
Post by Mattb
I do say you are a lying idiot as I seldom use the word 'right wing'
I normally sat far right and far left. Right wing is a propaganda
word of progressives and liberals.
They need it messed up for the 2020
election. So what if people are hurt as long as the Dems win a
election. They've done that to Blacks for decades didn't fix the
problem just put a little money on the problem.
Again, claims you make with no support.
You don't support shit for all the claims you make. Chicago is a
good example of how Democrats have used the minorities for decades.
See how you feel the need to lash out and lie. You have not even
answered how you think we can keep affording to pay more for less in
terms of health care.
And you ran from this.

Nadegda
2019-08-02 20:36:18 UTC
Those "rich" don't waste money like the federal gov't does, that's *why*
we don't just, you know, kill them all or run them off. It boils down
to who is more trusted to invest.
Yeah, who should be more trusted to invest, the ones who built the
Interstate highway system or the ones who spent bailout money on stock
buybacks to line their own greedy pockets?

Steve Carroll
2019-08-02 20:47:39 UTC
Those "rich" don't waste money like the federal gov't does, that's *why*
we don't just, you know, kill them all or run them off. It boils down
to who is more trusted to invest.
Yeah, who should be more trusted to invest, the ones who built the
Interstate highway systemi
It's a lot easier to build roads than it is cities, as Dems keep
reminding us.
She said as she made my point. Who gave them "bailout money"?
Nadegda

2019-08-02 21:21:39 UTC
Trump.
PWN3D
--
Yours Truly, Sir Gregory

Nadegda, kensi, Fran, Pandora » these are easily
ignored misandrists and anti-American, leftist liars.
Snit
2019-08-02 21:10:24 UTC
Those "rich" don't waste money like the federal gov't does, that's *why*
we don't just, you know, kill them all or run them off. It boils down
to who is more trusted to invest.
Yeah, who should be more trusted to invest, the ones who built the
Interstate highway system or the ones who spent bailout money on stock
buybacks to line their own greedy pockets?
Excellent question!
somehow superior by attacking the messenger.

Mattb
2019-08-02 20:37:48 UTC
@gmail.nospam.invalid says...
How will you pay for all this? Details?
Another clear pattern. Right wingers ask "how will we pay for single
payer healthcare?" and "how will we pay for tuition-free state
colleges?" (neverminding that you *did* pay for the latter, in the
past), but never do right wingers ask "how will we pay for the F-35s?"
or "how will we pay for the Iraq invasion?"
Now why might that be?
And never do the libs answer the question. Why is that?
I do. It is easy to pay for single payer health care -- it is a cost
savings. Yes, your taxes will likely go up some, but your insurance
premiums will go away. This will lead to lower out-of-pocket expenses
for most. How do we know this? Because looking at other countries we see
the US pays more and gets less... which makes sense, given how we are
the only country that sees *billions* of dollar siphoned off the system
to go into corporate pockets. Get rid of the system that redistributes
money to the very wealthy and we also get medical professionals not
being forced to handle multiple types of paperwork from multiple
companies, and we get the ability to negotiate prices with the
pharmaceutical industry as a HUGE buyer. In short: you pay LESS and get
MORE.
So the question is not how do we afford to pay for this, the question is
how can we afford NOT to? Nobody seems to have the answer on that one.
As far as education: we need to invest in our future. We need to invest
more into K12. We need to invest more into higher ed, making it so
nobody who is capable and desiring to get a higher education is held
back by lack of funds. This, at first, of course means money going out
-- but in a global economy we are competing with the world. The better
our education system the better we compete in business and manufacturing
and science and more. The better our education the better we are able to
do financially... so in the long term this is a money making proposition.
So the question is not how do we afford to pay for this, the question is
how can we afford NOT to? Nobody seems to have the answer to that one.
To answer your question, I need details on how you will pay for it
to compare to the current system.
See above. Also keep in mind if we stop funding the rich there will be
fewer poor in need so we will save money there, too. Win-win.
Sorry generalities do not make for details. How would you stop
funding the rich?
We are talking in generalities here. Even in generalities, you cannot
answer how we can keep affording to pay more to get less.
I have no problems with my insurance or the services I get or what I
pay although since Obamacare it has almost doubled in price. That
does not bode well for what you suggest.
Also would need to look into the
delays some of these other countries have giving services.
But not the delays in the US? Know someone right now wearing a heart
monitor... took them about two months to get it... and once the
monitoring is done they will likely have to wait another two months to
get results. That is insane. They have private insurance.
Do they? I've never had any problems.
But many do. And he is fairly wealthy, so I am sure he has decent
insurance.
Then maybe the problem was not the insurance but the demand. Your
plans for insurance would not fix that problem.
Know someone else who is a diabetic with leg issues. They have already
been put on a wait list that is at least two months long. He might lose
his leg over the waiting times in America. Or worse.
What insurance does he have?
Do not know... but he is not fairly wealthy. I am sure he has lower end
insurance.
What do you consider wealthy?
I would also reject giving it to Illegals.
If someone is in our custody we are obligated to provide care. This is
per US and international law. Are you suggesting we all become
"illegals" and ignore the law?
That is why we need to secure the border illegals are a bunch of
freeloader who think the Americans are suckers. Now I'm not talking
about those who enter legally just those that enter as criminals and
law breakers.
Nobody is suggesting we not have secure borders. Your straw man is very,
very tired.
Then you support Trump on this issue. I see.
Snit
2019-08-02 20:57:55 UTC
On 8/2/19 1:37 PM, Mattb wrote:
Post by Mattb
We are talking in generalities here. Even in generalities, you cannot
answer how we can keep affording to pay more to get less.
I have no problems with my insurance or the services I get or what I
pay although since Obamacare it has almost doubled in price. That
does not bode well for what you suggest.
I suggest we get better care for less money. The fact you argue against
this is weird in my view.

Why not seek to be able to see any doctor, go to any facility, have
better outcomes, and pay less than you do now? What possible issue could
there be with that?
Post by Mattb
Also would need to look into the
delays some of these other countries have giving services.
But not the delays in the US? Know someone right now wearing a heart
monitor... took them about two months to get it... and once the
monitoring is done they will likely have to wait another two months to
get results. That is insane. They have private insurance.
Do they? I've never had any problems.
But many do. And he is fairly wealthy, so I am sure he has decent
insurance.
Then maybe the problem was not the insurance but the demand. Your
plans for insurance would not fix that problem.
I would also want to make sure doctors are paid well... which could be
considered another plan. And to be fair Sander's plan does not address
this well. I can understand why -- to tie in not abusing those in
medical care the way the insurance companies do does mean we might have
to pay more... but don't you want your medical professionals to be paid
well?
Post by Mattb
Know someone else who is a diabetic with leg issues. They have already
been put on a wait list that is at least two months long. He might lose
his leg over the waiting times in America. Or worse.
What insurance does he have?
Do not know... but he is not fairly wealthy. I am sure he has lower end
insurance.
What do you consider wealthy?
Basing it off of living and how much money I know they have to spend. No
specific dollar figure here.
Post by Mattb
I would also reject giving it to Illegals.
If someone is in our custody we are obligated to provide care. This is
per US and international law. Are you suggesting we all become
"illegals" and ignore the law?
That is why we need to secure the border illegals are a bunch of
freeloader who think the Americans are suckers. Now I'm not talking
about those who enter legally just those that enter as criminals and
law breakers.
Nobody is suggesting we not have secure borders. Your straw man is very,
very tired.
Then you support Trump on this issue. I see.
I do not back his plan to take money away from border security to make a
wall that is not shown to benefit it and leads to other issues. In other
areas, though, I might agree with him. I have no issue with that.
somehow superior by attacking the messenger.

Steve Carroll
I suggest world peace <eyeroll>.
Snit
2019-08-02 21:19:38 UTC
Post by Steve Carroll
Post by Snit
Post by Mattb
We are talking in generalities here. Even in generalities, you cannot
answer how we can keep affording to pay more to get less.
I have no problems with my insurance or the services I get or what I
pay although since Obamacare it has almost doubled in price. That
does not bode well for what you suggest.
I suggest we get better care for less money.
I suggest world peace <eyeroll>.
If you have a plan for it I would love to see it! But back to the
topic... those who have universal / single payer health care have better
outcomes and lower costs.

https://www.healthsystemtracker.org/chart-collection/quality-u-s-healthcare-system-compare-countries/
-----
Mortality amenable to healthcare is a measure of the rates of death
considered preventable by timely and effective care. While the health
care system might not be expected to prevent death in all instances,
differences in amendable mortality indicate how effectively health care
is delivered. The Healthcare Access and Quality (HAQ) Index is based on
amenable mortality and uses age-standardized, risk-standardized
mortality rates for 32 causes that timely and effective health care
could potentially prevent. Based on data from the Global Burden of
Disease Study, the HAQ Index is scaled from 0 to 100: lower scores
indicate high mortality rates for causes amenable to health care, while
higher scores indicate lower mortality rates and thus better quality of
and access to health care. The U.S. ranks last among comparable
countries on the HAQ index with a score of 88.7.
Premature deaths are measured in Years of Life Lost (YLL), which is an
alternative to overall mortality rate. It is measured by adding together
the total number of years that people who died before an specified age
(e.g. 70) would have lived if they had lived to that age. For example, a
person who dies at age 45 would have a YLL of 25. As a measure, it
provides more weights to deaths at younger ages. The U.S. and comparable
OECD countries have made progress in reducing YLL’s over the last 25
years (down 23% and 42% respectively), although the U.S. continues to
trail comparable countries by a significant margin (12,282 v. 7,764 YLLs
in 2017).
-----

More can be shown if you need it. We pay more to get less. Why would
ANYONE want that... other than our current system funds wealthy
corporations?
somehow superior by attacking the messenger.

Nadegda
2019-08-02 20:38:53 UTC
freeloader who think the Americans are suckers.
Americans voted Trump into office. Why *shouldn't* people think
Americans are suckers? :(

Snit
2019-08-02 20:51:40 UTC
freeloader who think the Americans are suckers.
Americans voted Trump into office.
Correct only in those who voted for him were Americans.
Why *shouldn't* people think
Americans are suckers? :(
somehow superior by attacking the messenger.

Steve Carroll
2019-08-02 20:53:28 UTC
freeloader who think the Americans are suckers.
Americans voted Trump into office. Why *shouldn't* people think
Americans are suckers? :(
Even Repubs didn't like Trump (many still don't). My take is, we
*needed* a Trump, and I say this as someone who doesn't like him as a
person (I'm a native New Yorker, heard enough about him to last a
lifetime). For the most part, he's actually done better than I expected
(I initially thought his running was a joke). Being a native NY'er, his
rough, callous language doesn't bother me like it does a lot of
snowflakes... that, as opposed to the smooth, polished lies of a Clinton
or an Obama. Lies are lies in my book <shrug>.
Snit
2019-08-02 20:59:37 UTC
Post by Steve Carroll
freeloader who think the Americans are suckers.
Americans voted Trump into office. Why *shouldn't* people think
Americans are suckers? :(
Even Repubs didn't like Trump (many still don't). My take is, we
*needed* a Trump,
We did not and do not need someone so dishonest and incompetent and
bigoted in the White House.
Post by Steve Carroll
and I say this as someone who doesn't like him as a
person (I'm a native New Yorker, heard enough about him to last a
lifetime). For the most part, he's actually done better than I expected
(I initially thought his running was a joke). Being a native NY'er, his
rough, callous language doesn't bother me like it does a lot of
snowflakes... that, as opposed to the smooth, polished lies of a Clinton
or an Obama. Lies are lies in my book <shrug>.
Notice how you say those who speak out about his open bigotry are
"snowflakes".
somehow superior by attacking the messenger.

Nadegda
2019-08-02 21:19:40 UTC
Post by Steve Carroll
freeloader who think the Americans are suckers.
Americans voted Trump into office. Why *shouldn't* people think
Americans are suckers? :(
Even Repubs didn't like Trump (many still don't). My take is, we
*needed* a Trump,
Fascist.
Post by Steve Carroll
and I say this as someone who doesn't like him as a
person (I'm a native New Yorker, heard enough about him to last a
lifetime). For the most part, he's actually done better than I expected
(I initially thought his running was a joke). Being a native NY'er, his
rough, callous language doesn't bother me like it does a lot of
snowflakes... that, as opposed to the smooth, polished lies of a Clinton
or an Obama. Lies are lies in my book <shrug>.
Trump lies far more than Clinton or Obama ever did. More than both of the
Clintons *and* Obama *combined*.

And he's liable to start a Holocaust, or World War III, or both.

Mattb
2019-08-02 20:45:28 UTC
On Fri, 2 Aug 2019 13:51:36 +0200, kensi
How will you pay for all this? Details?
Another clear pattern. Right wingers ask "how will we pay for single
payer healthcare?" and "how will we pay for tuition-free state
colleges?" (neverminding that you *did* pay for the latter, in the
past), but never do right wingers ask "how will we pay for the F-35s?"
or "how will we pay for the Iraq invasion?"
Now why might that be?
Here we again see a leftist incorrectly calling people "right
wingers" I'm not far left but far from being a right winger.
Funny how you and Carroll try to distance yourself from the policies you
push.
To you Snit, it seems anything to the right of that idiot AOC is
right wing. That is sad it leaves no room for compromise. AOC is a
total idiot.
Remember, what "seems" to you is not relevant to reality.
AOC isn't relevant to reality or even needed. She is a racist.
Now as to your question Democrats also voted for the funds for those
wars in fact Clinton was one of them. I also opposed the second Iraq
war as we had not secured Afghanistan and fighting 2 wars was totally
stupid unless forced to it. Yes Bush Jr was a total idiot.
F35s depends on who you believe.
Liberals ad progressives are funny they put down Law enforcement and
the military but are the first to call them if needed and bitch if
they don't work fast enough. You want to cut the funds to both but
expect the same amount of readiness to emergencies. Liberals and
progressives are not logical or even resonable.
Snit has no response.......about as expected.
We put more into our military than the next 10 countries combined. There
is no reason to say we should not use our military to redistribute more
money to the very rich AND say they can do their job AND back them well.
May be so that is why I agreed with Trump the EU should pay their own
way in NATO. Yet I believe the USA should leave NATO and see how
long the EU would survive in it's socialist policies if it has to pay
it's own way.
And who is calling to cut funding for the police? You just make up weird
things.
Guess you don't pay attention to what liberals want such as the
antifa and Black lives matter,,,,,BTW 'ALL LIVES MATTER' BLM how
racist is that.
Snit
2019-08-02 20:51:04 UTC
Post by Mattb
[...]
More of your crying about your boogieman AOC... but with no quotes to
back your claims.

As far as Antifa, point to their site and let us look at their views.

Oh.

There is no such group. You are making things up again.

To be "anti-fa" is LITERALLY to be against fascism. There are some who
are against fascism who use tactics I find to be abhorrent, but for you
to take the pro-fa position is no better.
somehow superior by attacking the messenger.

Mattb
2019-08-02 20:59:38 UTC
Post by Snit
Post by Mattb
[...]
The if people start killing off all antifa it won't be a crime
because they don't exist???
Snit
2019-08-02 21:22:34 UTC
Post by Mattb
Post by Snit
Post by Mattb
[...]
Killing off all people who are against fascism? What?
somehow superior by attacking the messenger.

Snit
2019-08-02 20:46:58 UTC
  (snip)
  Also would need to look into the
delays some of these other countries have giving services.
But not the delays in the US? Know someone right now wearing a heart
monitor... took them about two months to get it... and once the
monitoring is done they will likely have to wait another two months to
get results. That is insane. They have private insurance.
Know someone else who is a diabetic with leg issues. They have already
been put on a wait list that is at least two months long. He might lose
his leg over the waiting times in America. Or worse.
Waiting lists are long because so many need these things. It's not like
Americans are the picture of health now, is it?
"Obesity in the United States is a major health issue, resulting in
numerous diseases, specifically increased risk of certain types of
cancer, coronary artery disease, type 2 diabetes, stroke, as well as
significant increase in early mortality and economic costs. While many
industrialized countries have experienced similar increases, obesity
rates in the United States are the highest in the world.[1]"
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obesity_in_the_United_States>
And costs?
"An obese person in the United States incurs an average of $1,429 more
in medical expenses annually. Approximately $147 billion is spent in
added medical expenses per year within the United States. This number is
expected to increase approximately $1.24 billion per year until the year
2030.[2]"
Don't take care of yourself and you have (costly) health issues. Who
knew <eyeroll>?!
I would also reject giving it to Illegals.
If someone is in our custody we are obligated to provide care.
And of course, it makes sense to leave the border, you know, open... so
we can "care" for as many as we can while going broke. Grow a brain!
I disagree with your push for an open border.
As far as going broke, we are the wealthiest nation in the country --
stop redistributing money to the rich and we have plenty to invest in
our future and help those truly in need.
Carroll ran.
somehow superior by attacking the messenger.

Snit
2019-08-02 20:47:39 UTC
What areas do you mean?
The "open" ones that are traversable.
But you have no named locations, no less a map. Got it... you
have no
clue what you are talking about. Not a surprise.
I lived on the border for years, I know exactly what he's talking
about.
Then you won't have any difficulty naming a location.
I already provided Snit with an article that pointed some out.
What's the big deal with "a location" when the CBP data shows there
are
hundreds of miles of open areas that need to be addressed? That
kind of
'argument' is Snit territory (IOW, goofy).
109.6979753,20457m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!
1s0x86d9f8658e1ee0cd:0xbdbc453fdf458de7!8m2!3d31.3445471!4d-109.5453447
100s of miles of open border.
Great... now can you answer the question of where there are no physical
borders but evidence that having one would have a significant impact on
illegal immigration.
Where the CBP says so.
But it is clear you have no idea and want others to do research to help
you back your point. Got it.
Carroll ran from this.
somehow superior by attacking the messenger.

Snit
2019-08-02 20:48:57 UTC
[...]
Carroll snipped and ran from this.

Nadegda
2019-08-02 20:55:18 UTC
On Fri, 2 Aug 2019 19:16:30 -0000 (UTC), Steve Carroll <"Steve
Snip couldn't refute so he tried the diversion tactic again.
He'll usually unleash his fake "worship of the rich" tactic when he's
especially desperate.
Then he must be desperate all the time 'cuz that's all I get... that,
and "you're a racist/bigot/scum/fill-in-the-blank". Mouth foaming."
Yep. It gets boring after a while.
BAM! And there goes another irony meter.

Last one *you'll* ever claim, Boring McStuckRecord, because ...

PLONK!

<snicker>

Steve Carroll
2019-08-02 21:04:13 UTC
On Fri, 2 Aug 2019 19:16:30 -0000 (UTC), Steve Carroll <"Steve
Snip couldn't refute so he tried the diversion tactic again.
He'll usually unleash his fake "worship of the rich" tactic when he's
especially desperate.
Then he must be desperate all the time 'cuz that's all I get... that,
and "you're a racist/bigot/scum/fill-in-the-blank". Mouth foaming."
Yep. It gets boring after a while.
BAM! And there goes another irony meter.
Last one *you'll* ever claim, Boring McStuckRecord, because ...
LOL! You're killin' me ;) Between you, kensi and Snit I feel like I'm in
an aviary... you guys just keep parroting what amounts to 'big gov't'
but only on the points where it makes the least sense. We see poll after
poll, story after story from left leaning sources that supposedly
"prove" that those *calling* themselves "liberals" (they're not) have
'the plan'. Yet, anyone can do 2 minutes of research that can't be
hidden which shows 'the plan' is BS and has been for decades.
Snit
2019-08-02 21:16:12 UTC
Post by Steve Carroll
On Fri, 2 Aug 2019 19:16:30 -0000 (UTC), Steve Carroll <"Steve
Snip couldn't refute so he tried the diversion tactic again.
He'll usually unleash his fake "worship of the rich" tactic when he's
especially desperate.
Then he must be desperate all the time 'cuz that's all I get... that,
and "you're a racist/bigot/scum/fill-in-the-blank". Mouth foaming."
Yep. It gets boring after a while.
BAM! And there goes another irony meter.
Last one *you'll* ever claim, Boring McStuckRecord, because ...
LOL! You're killin' me ;) Between you, kensi and Snit I feel like I'm in
an aviary... you guys just keep parroting what amounts to 'big gov't'
but only on the points where it makes the least sense.
Excellent summary of where we differ in views: You claim it makes the
"least sense" to back investing in the future and helping those truly in
need instead of funding the wealthy.

We say it makes the least sense to do as you wish, fund the wealthy no
matter the cost and refuse to back investments into the future and
helping those truly in need because we cannot afford it.

Thank you... I think you helped define the difference in world view
well... though you left out your victim mentality and you demands for
special entitlements as you insist others do not deserve equal rights
based at least in part on the color of their kind.

Steve Carroll
2019-08-02 21:21:01 UTC
Post by Snit
Post by Steve Carroll
[...]
You're actually arguing that all these Dems in charge of these toilets
(cities), who ran on that flavor of Koolaid, made good on their BS?
I repeat: I've seen this movie, no thanks!
Snit
2019-08-02 21:27:46 UTC
Post by Steve Carroll
Post by Steve Carroll
[...]
Carroll snipped and ran from this. I think once he saw what he had
written it occurred to him he did not exactly place his views in the
best light. But it is an HONEST light... and that he will run from like
a cockroach.
Post by Steve Carroll
You're actually arguing that all these Dems in charge of these toilets
(cities), who ran on that flavor of Koolaid, made good on their BS?
I repeat: I've seen this movie, no thanks!
I said nothing of those any city.

2019-08-02 21:19:33 UTC
<...>
Post by Nadegda
Yep. It gets boring after a while.
BAM! And there goes another irony meter.
Last one *you'll* ever claim, Boring McStuckRecord, because ...
PLONK!
<snicker>
Klaus = 10
Nads = zero, zip, nada, zilch, nothing

Mattb
Liberals are very racist.
Snit
2019-08-02 21:25:03 UTC
Post by Mattb
On Fri, 2 Aug 2019 16:40:30 -0000 (UTC), Steve Carroll <"Steve
When you consider the amount of liberty we have compared to other
countries (that can't defend themselves to the extent we can), it's a
no-brainer (not a Utopian one, a real world one).
That's easy for someone with white privilege to say.
You're confusing that term with reality, color has nothing to do with
what I'm talking about. That you guys reduce everything to color just
highlights the fact that you aren't willing to address reality. Sure,
there's racism, all over the world by people of every color, but that
doesn't mean it sits at the root of every issue.
Liberals are very racist.
See: you deny being far right but then show yourself to make unsupported
claims consistent with those someone on the far right would.
somehow superior by attacking the messenger.

Snit
2019-08-02 21:06:28 UTC
(snip)
[...]
The you agree with Trump on the need for a wall and stricter
policies toward illegals? You agree with Trump.
I agree with the Democrats who allocated $1.3B for improved physical
borders and other money for other areas for security. I do not approve
of wanting to take that money away from border security or defense in
order to build a harmful symbol.
As far as going broke, we are the wealthiest nation in the country --
stop redistributing money to the rich and we have plenty to invest in
our future and help those truly in need.
How is all this money and so much being redistributed to the rich???
As described repeatedly.
Details and not just generalities and can you provide data cites not
leftist sites.
Here is more info on it you will run from and insist you never saw:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2017/12/15/u-s-lawmakers-are-redistributing-income-from-the-poor-to-the-rich-according-to-massive-new-study/
-----
But today, according to a massive new study on global inequality, those
numbers have nearly reversed: The bottom 50 percent take in only 13
percent of the income pie, while the top 1 percent grab over 20 percent
of the country's income.

Since 1980, in other words, the U.S. economy has transferred eight
points of national income from the bottom 50 percent to the top 1 percent.

Snit
2019-08-02 21:07:19 UTC
On Fri, 02 Aug 2019 06:24:11 -0700, Klaus  Schadenfreude
Debt. Massive debt.
This is part of why we have to save money by improving our energy
systems,
reducing healthcare costs, and in the long run investing in our
future.
You ask how to pay for this. I ask how can we afford NOT to. You
have no
answer.
You also refuse to answer.
Snit will ALWAYS try to turn it around on you to avoid answering. He's
quite the coward that way.
agree  He is a strange one.
I am the one who has said how to pay for what I want -- investments in
the future and helping those truly in need.
I have yet to see a right winger say how we should pay for the worship
of the rich they push. Nor will I. The right wing position is one of
special entitlements, not one of of equal rights or reasoned economics.
It is why the economy tends to do so much better under liberals.
Mattb had no response to this.
Did you ask a question? I do not consider all Democrats to be
liberals. That is a image the liberals would like to make true but
very much not.
Exactly.
I would agree not all Democrats are liberals (nor all liberals
Democrats). For example, Hillary Clinton is hardly a liberal but is a
Democrat, I am liberal but not a Democrat.
Snit you are a socialist, you no doubt belong to the same group as
that idiot AOC, the Democratic Socialists of America, the problem is
after the socialist get into power they normally become a tyranny. I
mean you already have you version of the SS and Blackshirts in the
antifa.
Notice how you feel the need to lie because you cannot back your views.

REAL SOCIALISM: The government owns most major industries and there is
little if any private property. This system allows for little personal
freedom and is closely aligned with Authoritarianism (rule by authority).

PLUTOCRACY (CORPORATE “SOCIALISM”): The government works largely for the
benefit of wealthy corporations and the rich. Most major industries are
privately owned (Capitalism), but their costs and risks are heavily
subsidized through lower taxes, direct government subsidies, leniency by
the justice system, and more. With Corporate Socialism the wealthy
become even wealthier at the expense of the lower classes, and the split
between productivity and financial gain is weakened. This system is
defined by the open or de facto rule by the wealthy.

SOCIAL DEMOCRACY (DEMOCRATIC “SOCIALISM”): This government works largely
for the citizens as a whole, investing in infrastructure and the people.
Most major industries are privately owned (Capitalism), but they get few
government handouts and are generally held accountable for their own
risks and costs. With this system the middle class does better, poverty
decreases, and the environment suffers less harm. This system is defined
by the respect and rule of the people themselves.
somehow superior by attacking the messenger.

Snit
2019-08-02 21:09:40 UTC
The pattern is, they don't complain that wrong ideas aren't taught
when the correct ideas don't challenge the profits of giant corporations
(climate change), white supremacy (racial IQs not being different), or
Christian theocracy (evolution).
Excellent and correct list.
Of course it is -- it came from kensi. Remember this: kensi is always
right. Always.
:)
The *one* other thing that right-wingers constantly kvetch about in
connection with universities being sexual assault policies, because they
want it to be easier for privileged young men to rape and to get away
with rape. They're disgusting that way.
And when rich white guys do rape they get lighter sentences because,
geez, nobody wants to harm their future that is so bright! Insane.
Or they even get appointed to the damn Supreme Court. :P
At best they do not care if that happens.
somehow superior by attacking the messenger.

Snit
2019-08-02 21:12:05 UTC
The Republicans are actively fighting against the US having a
representative government.
Right, because
Voter suppression.
Gerrymandering.
SPNAK!x2
Carroll will run.
somehow superior by attacking the messenger.

Nadegda
2019-08-02 21:28:41 UTC
And *again*, why don't you explain why you (obviously) believe that
'the rich' have all their wealth sitting around in a vault somewhere.
Oh, it's *much* worse than that. They are constantly shuffling it among
themselves by "investing" in each other; sending much of it to overseas
tax havens to avoid contributing back into the system that has benefited
them so much; and parking the rest in real estate they don't use, in the
process driving up the prices of land and housing until the working class
can't afford homeownership or, increasingly, even to rent, leaving them to
choose between "mommy's basement" and homelessness.