What economists have gotten wrong for decades
2019-08-02 20:07:50 UTC
In article <qi24gp$so3$***@dont-email.me>, ***@gmail.invalid
The pattern is, they don't complain that wrong ideas aren't taught
when the correct ideas don't challenge the profits of giant corporations
(climate change), white supremacy (racial IQs not being different), or
Christian theocracy (evolution).
Excellent and correct list.
Of course it is -- it came from kensi. Remember this: kensi is always
right. Always.
The *one* other thing that right-wingers constantly kvetch about in
connection with universities being sexual assault policies, because they
want it to be easier for privileged young men to rape and to get away
with rape. They're disgusting that way.
And when rich white guys do rape they get lighter sentences because,
geez, nobody wants to harm their future that is so bright! Insane.
Or they even get appointed to the damn Supreme Court. :P
Who would that be nitwit? I want names and proof.
Steve Carroll
2019-08-02 20:09:53 UTC
(snip)
The you want them all canceled?
I want you to say how we can pay. You have no answer.
You claim it is happening now so how is it being paid for now?
Debt. Massive debt.
But it's not so bad that we should afford anyone coming over the border
free legal representation, medical care, food, housing in hotel/motels,
etc.
Key word: Anyone. Nope. I disagree with your proposal there.
That does not mean, of course, we should not understand the value of
bringing in people of working class and younger. With our aging
population if we do not we are in big trouble. Nor do I think we should
give up our values nor break US nor international law and turn away
those rightfully seeking asylum. But your view of "Anyone" -- no. I
cannot join you there.
We should fix our immigration system so decisions do not take decades --
would any right winger accept a 20 year waiting period on guns? -- but
to just do as you say and let "Anyone" in. No.
Democrats don't want it fixed.
This is you speaking for others without evidence. Please provide such
evidence.
OK Chicago. Dems never fixed it and they run the city for
decades.
They have not run the country...
They're running cities all over the country, a large chunk of them are
totally f*cked up. What, do you think if you vote in all Dems it's going
to change how those (too often, corrupt) people in city and state govt's
do business? Can you possibly be *that* clueless?!
"You want the Democrats to negotiate with the pharmaceutical industry AS
IF they had the power to do so in a stronger way even though they do
not?" - Snit

That's right, even if you voted in all Dems at the fed level ("run the
coutnry") they have limited power. IOW, start noticing your
contradictions (that I keep pointing out).
Snit
2019-08-02 20:48:21 UTC
Post by Steve Carroll
[...]
Right... it is an idiotic idea to say Democrats should act as if we have
single payer when we do not.
somehow superior by attacking the messenger.

Nadegda
2019-08-02 20:10:58 UTC
anyone that supports the idiot Snit can't be to bright.
Hi, Skeetard!
--
FNVWe Nadegda

"By all means, compare these shitheads to Nazis. Again and again. I'm with
you." -- Mike Godwin, Aug 13, 2017, 8:03 PM
Skeeter admits he mooches his mother's laptop:
2019-08-02 20:15:20 UTC
In article <qi25ch$so3$***@dont-email.me>, ***@gmail.invalid
anyone that supports the idiot Snit can't be to bright.
Hi, Skeetard!
Proof kook.

Damn you're dumb.
Skeeter
2019-08-02 20:11:38 UTC
In article <qi24n5$so3$***@dont-email.me>, ***@gmail.invalid
The Republicans are actively fighting against the US having a
representative government.
Right, because
Voter suppression.
Gerrymandering.
SPNAK!x2
Your snipping the part that you couldn't refute is a self spank on your
part.
mixed nuts
2019-08-02 20:11:58 UTC
Conservatives say they are being discriminated against
Cite
It's a well known fact among conservatives who are under constant attack
by the left. Just watch Faux Nooz for 6 hours a day - hardly a minute
goes by (between TP and accident lawyer and buy gold commercials) when
discrimination against conservatives isn't mentioned. Did you know that
Ilhan Omar is very anti-conservative? That's mentioned a lot. Also,
antifa throws water and milkshakes on conservatives which is practically
terrorism. That's mentioned a lot too.
Good, since it's true it should be reported.
Conservatives whine about it every day, including The President, so now
it's up to the judges to convict everyone who doesn't honer The
Conservatives.
Grizzly H.
Skeeter
2019-08-02 20:16:31 UTC
Post by mixed nuts
Conservatives say they are being discriminated against
Cite
It's a well known fact among conservatives who are under constant attack
by the left. Just watch Faux Nooz for 6 hours a day - hardly a minute
goes by (between TP and accident lawyer and buy gold commercials) when
discrimination against conservatives isn't mentioned. Did you know that
Ilhan Omar is very anti-conservative? That's mentioned a lot. Also,
antifa throws water and milkshakes on conservatives which is practically
terrorism. That's mentioned a lot too.
Good, since it's true it should be reported.
Conservatives whine about it every day, including The President, so now
it's up to the judges to convict everyone who doesn't honer The
Conservatives.
We don't beat up people and burn our own schools because a liberal wants
to speak. Talk about anger.
Skeeter
Just look at California, a shithole of shitholes.
Steve Carroll
I lived there for almost 20 years... it's sad what's happened.
Skeeter
2019-08-02 20:21:40 UTC
In article <qi25pq$2v9$***@dont-email.me>, "Steve Carroll"@noSPAM.none
says...
Post by Steve Carroll
[...]
I was born and raised in SO CAL, a real shithole. Govt corruption run
rampid.
Snit
2019-08-02 20:44:01 UTC
Post by Steve Carroll
[...]
People with less than equal representational power get screwed.
somehow superior by attacking the messenger.

Nadegda
2019-08-02 20:14:14 UTC
When you consider the amount of liberty we have compared to other
countries (that can't defend themselves to the extent we can), it's a
no-brainer (not a Utopian one, a real world one).
That's easy for someone with white privilege to say.
You're confusing that term with reality, color has nothing to do with
what I'm talking about. That you guys reduce everything to color just
highlights the fact that you aren't willing to address reality. Sure,
there's racism, all over the world by people of every color, but that
doesn't mean it sits at the root of every issue.
Hey, fuckhead. Yeah, you, fuckhead. You were just saying how you (a
white) feel safe and secure because of compromises made about
fundamental human rights where those compromises disproportionately
harm black people. You have gone on record *repeatedly* defending
the racial profiling of black and Latinx people by law enforcement.

And then you deny that white privilege is at all relevant? Really?

<smh>

He never said that, you did, snit clone.
Steve Carroll
2019-08-02 20:22:17 UTC
[...]
It's called a whi... uh, 'surrender flag', it's done when you've lost
the argument.
Steve Carroll
2019-08-02 20:20:20 UTC
[...]
Where "profiling" is what a cop will do in his mind. I already stated
that I'm not OK with acting on mere suspicion alone. IOW, you don't
understand what you're reading (or you're purposefully 'pulling a Snit').
Skeeter
2019-08-02 20:23:12 UTC
In article <qi25u3$2v9$***@dont-email.me>, "Steve Carroll"@noSPAM.none
says...
Post by Steve Carroll
[...]
This whole conversation started about people wandering around the border
where no one needs to wander around.
Steve Carroll
2019-08-02 20:26:32 UTC
Post by Steve Carroll
[...]
Even back then I said not merely on darker skin because so many at the
border have it (including border agents). But this doesn't stop them
from being intellectually dishonest. When you run out of steam you kill
the messenger when you're afflicted with this issue.
Skeeter
2019-08-02 20:28:26 UTC
In article <qi269n$2v9$***@dont-email.me>, "Steve Carroll"@noSPAM.none
says...
Post by Steve Carroll
Post by Steve Carroll
[...]
Snit ignored the fact that these
"profilers" known as the border patrol is 72% latino.
Snit
2019-08-02 20:40:10 UTC
Post by Steve Carroll
Post by Steve Carroll
[...]
You used darker skin as a basis for determining if someone is more
"suspicious" and even used specific races in your examples. Meanwhile
you run when asked about what rights YOU should have to give up based
NOT on your race but your known actions.
somehow superior by attacking the messenger.

Snit
2019-08-02 20:42:09 UTC
Post by Steve Carroll
[...]
"alone". You use race as a determining factor on if someone is
"suspicious" and then cry when your racism is called out and show
hypocrisy when you are asked what rights you should give up.

Carroll:
-----
Reasonable people understand there's a balance between
security and rights.
-----

Be specific: what rights should be tossed out the window to make sure
you never contact me outside of Usenet again, no less my wife, family,
friends, co-workers, employers, neighbors, clients, etc.?
somehow superior by attacking the messenger.

Steve Carroll
2019-08-02 20:14:30 UTC
I would agree not all Democrats are liberals (nor all liberals
Democrats). For example, Hillary Clinton is hardly a liberal but is a
Democrat, I am liberal but not a Democrat.
Hillary is a twat. That's the sum of it.
http://hildoclump.wordpress.com
I don't trust your links.
It's a wordpress.com link, so it's pretty safe. The irony here is, Snit
is a web dev, he should be able to host his own version of Wordpress and
create his own theme (at least be able to tweak an existing theme). You
could go to wordpress.com and get a site up in minutes, the URL would be
something like: http://skeeter.wordpress.com
Skeeter
Snit lies about his accomplishments.
Steve Carroll
Well, he did have to click a button to perform the installation ;)
Nadegda
2019-08-02 20:18:17 UTC
On Wed, 31 Jul 2019 17:08:37 -0700, Snit
Sadly yes but all I can do is refuse to vote for any politician that
would rather help illegals than homeless Americans.
It's a shame it's come to that. I like the melting pot idea but adding
too many too quickly when they won't/can't assimilate is an ever present
issue. Now that it's been weaponized things are f*cked.
If they win the election soon they will need to fix the problem I
would think Obama did much the same as Trump just didn't want a wall.
What court order dealing with immigrants did Obama ignore?
Obama removed more immigrants a year than Trump has and you liberals
said nothing. What is that about other than a election gambit one I
hope you lose.
SC gave you a lose on the wall it seems. Now while I don't support
a wall I do support the barriers being repaired.
To me, a 'wall' can be better (and more) fencing. We need more than just
replacing the current stuff, there are still too many open areas.
Such as? Show a map and show where you want new borders made.
I'm fine with the areas identified by the CPB.
But you cannot find it.
??? The salient point isn't the locations,
When you speak about "areas" it is very important for you to be able to
say what areas you mean. Kinda key, really.
The only "key" thing is that they're "open" and traversable.
What areas do you mean?
Oh. You have none.
Note, I am not saying none exist -- like the Democrats I back improving
our physical borders and extending them where there is good reason to
think it will make a difference and not just be a huge symbol that harms
America and costs lots of money.
I do notice you never ask how to pay for the wall that harms America...
but you do ask how we can afford to invest in the future of America and
help those truly in need.
I bet he never asks how to pay the bloated Pentagon budget either. Or for
giant tax cuts for the rich. Or for wars of foreign adventure.

2019-08-02 20:22:42 UTC
You have not answered how you will pay. You have no plan. You never cry
about freebies for the rich. I work for investments into the country and
helping those truly in need.
Like our own homeless instead of fence jumpers?
But when suggestions are made to help the homeless the right screams
"Socialism" and refuses to help.
Cite?
See COLA.
I don't drink soda and I don't go to groups that I have no interest in.
You're right here numbskull.
Nope. We can and should do both. We have the money to do both. We have
the promise of doing both. And it is in our financial best interest to
do both.
So why would we not?
22 trillion in debt and you say we have the money. It is to laugh.
We can afford to save money.
Who is "we"?
the nation of the country
Skeeter
oh those guys
Nadegda
2019-08-02 20:23:35 UTC
Israel is a ally that you support the terrorist is no surprise.
<facepalm>
Hi Skeeter!
He really isn't very good at the whole socking-up thing, is he? Too
transparent. Too many tells.

<snicker>

2019-08-02 20:25:40 UTC
In article <qi2647$so3$***@dont-email.me>, ***@gmail.invalid
Israel is a ally that you support the terrorist is no surprise.
<facepalm>
Hi Skeeter!
He really isn't very good at the whole socking-up thing, is he? Too
transparent. Too many tells.
<snicker>
Can you show these "tells"? You are really more confused than a room
full of gender queers.
Nadegda
2019-08-02 20:27:25 UTC
On Fri, 2 Aug 2019 13:51:36 +0200, kensi
How will you pay for all this? Details?
Another clear pattern. Right wingers ask "how will we pay for single
payer healthcare?" and "how will we pay for tuition-free state
colleges?" (neverminding that you *did* pay for the latter, in the
past), but never do right wingers ask "how will we pay for the F-35s?"
or "how will we pay for the Iraq invasion?"
Now why might that be?
Here we again see a leftist incorrectly calling people "right
wingers" I'm not far left but far from being a right winger.
You might *think* that, but your actual stated political positions place
you firmly on the right wing ... almost on the *far* right, in fact.

And you are far left, or stupid as we call it.
Mattb
2019-08-02 20:30:34 UTC
If you answer that correctly,
you don't even begin to discuss single payer health care, or more
federal involvement in education, because the Constitution does not
grant the federal government power to do those things.  Of course,
if you're a Democrat, you don't worry about such niceties and the
problem goes away.
If you really care about the law then surely you want to follow in it in
terms of offering asylum to people... oh. That is a sore spot for those
on the right.
Snit couldn't refute so he twisted it to fit his agenda.
That seems to be Snit's modus operandi and a few other progressive
type liberals.
Mattb
2019-08-02 20:34:04 UTC
[...]
They have not run the country... and those in cities have the least
representational power (or I should say those in states with higher
populations). You blame the impacts on those with the least power for
what those with the most power have contributed to so heavily.
The you want to make the whole country like Chicago?
BTW you need to look in the mirror how many times have you referred
to me as 'right wing' and implied all 'right wing' think exactly
alike. Snit a progressive hypocrite.
Not all right wingers need think alike -- that is an idea you have
dropped in the conversation. And your insane fear of AOC and your
screaming "socialism" incoherently places you firmly in the extreme
right wing whacko camp.
I do say you are a lying idiot as I seldom use the word 'right wing'
I normally sat far right and far left. Right wing is a propaganda
word of progressives and liberals.
They need it messed up for the 2020
election. So what if people are hurt as long as the Dems win a
election. They've done that to Blacks for decades didn't fix the
problem just put a little money on the problem.
Again, claims you make with no support.
You don't support shit for all the claims you make. Chicago is a
good example of how Democrats have used the minorities for decades.
See how you feel the need to lash out and lie. You have not even
answered how you think we can keep affording to pay more for less in
terms of health care.
That is not a lie or they would have done things to end the gangs
and promote businesses moving in making jobs.
Nadegda
2019-08-02 20:36:18 UTC
Those "rich" don't waste money like the federal gov't does, that's *why*
we don't just, you know, kill them all or run them off. It boils down
to who is more trusted to invest.
Yeah, who should be more trusted to invest, the ones who built the
Interstate highway system or the ones who spent bailout money on stock
buybacks to line their own greedy pockets?

Steve Carroll
2019-08-02 20:47:39 UTC
Those "rich" don't waste money like the federal gov't does, that's *why*
we don't just, you know, kill them all or run them off. It boils down
to who is more trusted to invest.
Yeah, who should be more trusted to invest, the ones who built the
Interstate highway systemi
It's a lot easier to build roads than it is cities, as Dems keep
reminding us.
She said as she made my point. Who gave them "bailout money"?
Mattb
2019-08-02 20:37:48 UTC
@gmail.nospam.invalid says...
How will you pay for all this? Details?
Another clear pattern. Right wingers ask "how will we pay for single
payer healthcare?" and "how will we pay for tuition-free state
colleges?" (neverminding that you *did* pay for the latter, in the
past), but never do right wingers ask "how will we pay for the F-35s?"
or "how will we pay for the Iraq invasion?"
Now why might that be?
And never do the libs answer the question. Why is that?
I do. It is easy to pay for single payer health care -- it is a cost
savings. Yes, your taxes will likely go up some, but your insurance
premiums will go away. This will lead to lower out-of-pocket expenses
for most. How do we know this? Because looking at other countries we see
the US pays more and gets less... which makes sense, given how we are
the only country that sees *billions* of dollar siphoned off the system
to go into corporate pockets. Get rid of the system that redistributes
money to the very wealthy and we also get medical professionals not
being forced to handle multiple types of paperwork from multiple
companies, and we get the ability to negotiate prices with the
pharmaceutical industry as a HUGE buyer. In short: you pay LESS and get
MORE.
So the question is not how do we afford to pay for this, the question is
how can we afford NOT to? Nobody seems to have the answer on that one.
As far as education: we need to invest in our future. We need to invest
more into K12. We need to invest more into higher ed, making it so
nobody who is capable and desiring to get a higher education is held
back by lack of funds. This, at first, of course means money going out
-- but in a global economy we are competing with the world. The better
our education system the better we compete in business and manufacturing
and science and more. The better our education the better we are able to
do financially... so in the long term this is a money making proposition.
So the question is not how do we afford to pay for this, the question is
how can we afford NOT to? Nobody seems to have the answer to that one.
To answer your question, I need details on how you will pay for it
to compare to the current system.
See above. Also keep in mind if we stop funding the rich there will be
fewer poor in need so we will save money there, too. Win-win.
Sorry generalities do not make for details. How would you stop
funding the rich?
We are talking in generalities here. Even in generalities, you cannot
answer how we can keep affording to pay more to get less.
I have no problems with my insurance or the services I get or what I
pay although since Obamacare it has almost doubled in price. That
does not bode well for what you suggest.
Also would need to look into the
delays some of these other countries have giving services.
But not the delays in the US? Know someone right now wearing a heart
monitor... took them about two months to get it... and once the
monitoring is done they will likely have to wait another two months to
get results. That is insane. They have private insurance.
Do they? I've never had any problems.
But many do. And he is fairly wealthy, so I am sure he has decent
insurance.
Then maybe the problem was not the insurance but the demand. Your
plans for insurance would not fix that problem.
Know someone else who is a diabetic with leg issues. They have already
been put on a wait list that is at least two months long. He might lose
his leg over the waiting times in America. Or worse.
What insurance does he have?
Do not know... but he is not fairly wealthy. I am sure he has lower end
insurance.
What do you consider wealthy?
I would also reject giving it to Illegals.
If someone is in our custody we are obligated to provide care. This is
per US and international law. Are you suggesting we all become
"illegals" and ignore the law?
That is why we need to secure the border illegals are a bunch of
freeloader who think the Americans are suckers. Now I'm not talking
about those who enter legally just those that enter as criminals and
law breakers.
Nobody is suggesting we not have secure borders. Your straw man is very,
very tired.
Then you support Trump on this issue. I see.
Nadegda
2019-08-02 20:38:53 UTC
freeloader who think the Americans are suckers.
Americans voted Trump into office. Why *shouldn't* people think
Americans are suckers? :(

Mattb
2019-08-02 20:45:28 UTC
On Fri, 2 Aug 2019 13:51:36 +0200, kensi
How will you pay for all this? Details?
Another clear pattern. Right wingers ask "how will we pay for single
payer healthcare?" and "how will we pay for tuition-free state
colleges?" (neverminding that you *did* pay for the latter, in the
past), but never do right wingers ask "how will we pay for the F-35s?"
or "how will we pay for the Iraq invasion?"
Now why might that be?
Here we again see a leftist incorrectly calling people "right
wingers" I'm not far left but far from being a right winger.
Funny how you and Carroll try to distance yourself from the policies you
push.
To you Snit, it seems anything to the right of that idiot AOC is
right wing. That is sad it leaves no room for compromise. AOC is a
total idiot.
Remember, what "seems" to you is not relevant to reality.
AOC isn't relevant to reality or even needed. She is a racist.
Now as to your question Democrats also voted for the funds for those
wars in fact Clinton was one of them. I also opposed the second Iraq
war as we had not secured Afghanistan and fighting 2 wars was totally
stupid unless forced to it. Yes Bush Jr was a total idiot.
F35s depends on who you believe.
Liberals ad progressives are funny they put down Law enforcement and
the military but are the first to call them if needed and bitch if
they don't work fast enough. You want to cut the funds to both but
expect the same amount of readiness to emergencies. Liberals and
progressives are not logical or even resonable.
Snit has no response.......about as expected.
We put more into our military than the next 10 countries combined. There
is no reason to say we should not use our military to redistribute more
money to the very rich AND say they can do their job AND back them well.
May be so that is why I agreed with Trump the EU should pay their own
way in NATO. Yet I believe the USA should leave NATO and see how
long the EU would survive in it's socialist policies if it has to pay
it's own way.
And who is calling to cut funding for the police? You just make up weird
things.
Guess you don't pay attention to what liberals want such as the
antifa and Black lives matter,,,,,BTW 'ALL LIVES MATTER' BLM how
racist is that.
Snit
2019-08-02 20:46:58 UTC
  (snip)
  Also would need to look into the
delays some of these other countries have giving services.
But not the delays in the US? Know someone right now wearing a heart
monitor... took them about two months to get it... and once the
monitoring is done they will likely have to wait another two months to
get results. That is insane. They have private insurance.
Know someone else who is a diabetic with leg issues. They have already
been put on a wait list that is at least two months long. He might lose
his leg over the waiting times in America. Or worse.
Waiting lists are long because so many need these things. It's not like
Americans are the picture of health now, is it?
"Obesity in the United States is a major health issue, resulting in
numerous diseases, specifically increased risk of certain types of
cancer, coronary artery disease, type 2 diabetes, stroke, as well as
significant increase in early mortality and economic costs. While many
industrialized countries have experienced similar increases, obesity
rates in the United States are the highest in the world.[1]"
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obesity_in_the_United_States>
And costs?
"An obese person in the United States incurs an average of $1,429 more
in medical expenses annually. Approximately $147 billion is spent in
added medical expenses per year within the United States. This number is
expected to increase approximately $1.24 billion per year until the year
2030.[2]"
Don't take care of yourself and you have (costly) health issues. Who
knew <eyeroll>?!
I would also reject giving it to Illegals.
If someone is in our custody we are obligated to provide care.
And of course, it makes sense to leave the border, you know, open... so
we can "care" for as many as we can while going broke. Grow a brain!
I disagree with your push for an open border.
As far as going broke, we are the wealthiest nation in the country --
stop redistributing money to the rich and we have plenty to invest in
our future and help those truly in need.
Carroll ran.
somehow superior by attacking the messenger.

Snit
2019-08-02 20:47:39 UTC
What areas do you mean?
The "open" ones that are traversable.
But you have no named locations, no less a map. Got it... you
have no
clue what you are talking about. Not a surprise.
I lived on the border for years, I know exactly what he's talking
about.
Then you won't have any difficulty naming a location.
I already provided Snit with an article that pointed some out.
What's the big deal with "a location" when the CBP data shows there
are
hundreds of miles of open areas that need to be addressed? That
kind of
'argument' is Snit territory (IOW, goofy).
109.6979753,20457m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!
1s0x86d9f8658e1ee0cd:0xbdbc453fdf458de7!8m2!3d31.3445471!4d-109.5453447
100s of miles of open border.
Great... now can you answer the question of where there are no physical
borders but evidence that having one would have a significant impact on
illegal immigration.
Where the CBP says so.
But it is clear you have no idea and want others to do research to help
you back your point. Got it.
Carroll ran from this.
somehow superior by attacking the messenger.