upscale grocery store in Toronto tries to charge $30 for hand-wipes
Add Reply
kensi
2020-03-27 02:37:24 UTC
TORONTO -- Ontario Premier Doug Ford said he is disgusted after a
high-end Toronto grocery store began selling single containers of
Lysol disinfectant wipes for $29.99 and is now in the process of
making price gouging illegal.
Wait, what? I must have misread something. Let's have that again?
TORONTO -- Ontario Premier Doug Ford said he is disgusted after a
high-end Toronto grocery store began selling single containers of
Lysol disinfectant wipes for $29.99 and is now in the process of
making price gouging illegal.
No, that can't be right. That right-wing chucklefuck is imposing
*government price controls* rather than praising the proprietor's
entrepreneurial spirit, citing the law of supply and demand, and going
rah-rah free market über alles?!

I guess it's true what they say: there are no capitalists in foxholes.

*snicker*
in here." ~Checkmate
PhantomView
2020-03-27 05:54:21 UTC
On Thu, 26 Mar 2020 22:37:24 -0400, kensi
Post by kensi
[...]
Hope you have to pay $50 commie fuck .........

Capitalist controls in an emergency situation are not
so unusual. Similar things during WW2 and to a point
9-11. Thing is that HERE, and in Canada too, such
controls GO AWAY once the crisis has passed.