THREE YEARS AGO TODAY... - 1 files [04/18]
2020-02-12 21:38:17 UTC

everybody flood
Checkmate
2020-02-13 20:34:58 UTC
Checkmate.

On Wed, 12 Feb 2020 14:38:17 -0700 % put forth the following notion,
Post by %
everybody flood
It was a binary.

Amateurs...

2020-02-14 09:00:15 UTC
Checkmate.

On Thu, 13 Feb 2020 13:45:20 -0700 % put forth the following notion,
Checkmate.
On Wed, 12 Feb 2020 14:38:17 -0700 % put forth the following notion,
Post by %
everybody flood
It was a binary.
Amateurs...
it was about 30 of them , camera rookies , duh
That was probably a giant uncropped version. I didn't even check the file
size because I didn't give a rat's ass.

http://youtu.be/wT-8Dm1VThc

i just wondered why you posted it here
Sn!pe
2020-02-14 16:49:00 UTC
Post by %
everybody flood
It was a binary.
Amateurs...
it was about 30 of them , camera rookies , duh
No. It/they were one. But they were uploaded in tiny little 512mb
segments which need to be combined and decoded.
The trubble is, the Old Guard don't know of any other way
to publish their images; haven't they heard of the Web?
I have to switch swervers to see bunnies, should I bother?
I do like to keep up with the topics du jour but there are
limits, innit.

^Ï^ My pet rock Gordon just waved to Bill.
%
2020-02-14 17:17:21 UTC
Post by %
everybody flood
It was a binary.
Amateurs...
it was about 30 of them , camera rookies , duh
No. It/they were one. But they were uploaded in tiny little 512mb
segments which need to be combined and decoded.
The trubble is, the Old Guard don't know of any other way
to publish their images; haven't they heard of the Web?
I have to switch swervers to see bunnies, should I bother?
I do like to keep up with the topics du jour but there are
limits, innit.
--
^Ï^ My pet rock Gordon just waved to Bill.
in your case it's just a matter of check or uncheck ,
it's not like you're really investing in any real change ,
some operating systems install with the box checked ,
others install with the box unchecked the hardest part is ,
finding the check box maybe you could look ,
at the features of your news reader and find your answers there
Sn!pe
2020-02-14 22:24:09 UTC
Post by %
[...]
I ~can~ see 'em if I use another proggie and a pay server,
it's just that I like to know if that'll be worth the effort.
It's the same for WTF-8 stuff that calls for a charset that
I don't have installed.
^Ï^ My pet rock Gordon just is.
%
delete everything except what you need for usenet
MK
2020-02-15 03:49:03 UTC
Post by %
everybody flood
It was a binary.
Amateurs...
it was about 30 of them , camera rookies , duh
No. It/they were one. But they were uploaded in tiny little 512mb
segments which need to be combined and decoded.
That's what happened to me. 18 posts, 512 mb, encrypt and decode. When I
saw the picture, it looked like I was looking at Battle Kitten through a
microscope. I couldn't figure out from that point how to make it smaller,
1280 by 720 pixels, is perfect for Usenet. I remember an old picture on BK
that he posted years ago.
%
2020-02-15 14:14:57 UTC
Post by %
everybody flood
It was a binary.
Amateurs...
it was about 30 of them , camera rookies , duh
No. It/they were one. But they were uploaded in tiny little 512mb
segments which need to be combined and decoded.
That's what happened to me. 18 posts, 512 mb, encrypt and decode. When I
saw the picture, it looked like I was looking at Battle Kitten through a
microscope. I couldn't figure out from that point how to make it smaller,
1280 by 720 pixels, is perfect for Usenet. I remember an old picture on BK
that he posted years ago.
yea but you remember every fart he's made since then and can recreate
the odor of each one separately
MK
2020-02-15 03:50:05 UTC
Post by %
everybody flood
It was a binary.
Amateurs...
it was about 30 of them , camera rookies , duh
No. It/they were one. But they were uploaded in tiny little 512mb
segments which need to be combined and decoded.
if i said there was 30 i'm telling you what was on my screen ,
i don't give a fk what you saw i saw lots of same titled posts ,
and knowing my computer and operating system are more advanced than yours
, i'll trust what i saw on my screen
What are you taking? Roofies again?
%
you make a lot more sense when i do
Checkmate
2020-02-17 02:39:36 UTC
Checkmate.

On Fri, 14 Feb 2020 11:38:13 -0500 Bill (not Jillians) put forth the
Post by %
everybody flood
It was a binary.
Amateurs...
it was about 30 of them , camera rookies , duh
No. It/they were one. But they were uploaded in tiny little 512mb
segments which need to be combined and decoded.
ITYM 512 Kb. Any decent newsreader should be able to handle that, but I
just changed it to 1024 Kb.

http://youtu.be/wT-8Dm1VThc

i'm telling you what i saw and some other people agreed
Sir Hømer Hall, Esq.
2020-02-17 03:02:31 UTC
On Sun, 16 Feb 2020, % <***@gmail.com> wrote:

<...>
Post by %
i'm telling you what i saw and some other people agreed
Posting jpegs to Usenet binaries groups is pretty stupid
these days when there are any number of free picture
web sites available for uploads.

But, then again, some people do some stupid things like
living in Canaduh.
--
Yours Truly, Sir Gregøry

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately,
to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I
could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came
to die, discover that I had not lived.--Henry David Thoreau
Bill (not Jillians)
2020-02-17 14:19:45 UTC
Post by %
everybody flood
It was a binary.
Amateurs...
it was about 30 of them , camera rookies , duh
No. It/they were one. But they were uploaded in tiny little 512mb
segments which need to be combined and decoded.
ITYM 512 Kb. Any decent newsreader should be able to handle that, but I
just changed it to 1024 Kb.
Right you are. Kb not mb. My mistake. I use Thunderbird which lacks
the ability to combine and decode multi-part binaries. If it's posted
in one chunk however, it can handle it.
%
so i was right
Bill (not Jillians)
2020-02-17 21:38:44 UTC
On 2/17/2020 12:17 PM, % wrote:

<snip>
No.  It/they were one.  But they were uploaded in tiny little 512mb
segments which need to be combined and decoded.
ITYM 512 Kb.  Any decent newsreader should be able to handle that, but I
just changed it to 1024 Kb.
Right you are. Kb not mb.  My mistake.  I use Thunderbird which lacks
the ability to combine and decode multi-part binaries.  If it's posted
in one chunk however, it can handle it.
so i was right
I've been around too long to get involved in a pissing match with you,
but no, you were wrong.

Google multi-part binary for why.
%
2020-02-17 21:44:27 UTC
Post by Bill (not Jillians)
<snip>
No.  It/they were one.  But they were uploaded in tiny little 512mb
segments which need to be combined and decoded.
ITYM 512 Kb.  Any decent newsreader should be able to handle that, but I
just changed it to 1024 Kb.
Right you are. Kb not mb.  My mistake.  I use Thunderbird which lacks
the ability to combine and decode multi-part binaries.  If it's
posted in one chunk however, it can handle it.
so i was right
I've been around too long to get involved in a pissing match with you,
but no, you were wrong.
Google multi-part binary for why.
i wonder why so many people agreed with me then and none agreed with you
i can assure you it's wasn't because you've been around too long ,
here's a quote of you admitting what you're denying

%

Checkmate
2020-02-17 02:41:36 UTC
Checkmate.

On Fri, 14 Feb 2020 09:42:24 -0700 % put forth the following notion,
Post by %
everybody flood
It was a binary.
Amateurs...
it was about 30 of them , camera rookies , duh
No.  It/they were one.  But they were uploaded in tiny little 512mb
segments which need to be combined and decoded.
if i said there was 30 i'm telling you what was on my screen ,
i don't give a fk what you saw i saw lots of same titled posts ,
and knowing my computer and operating system are more advanced than
yours , i'll trust what i saw on my screen
IOW, you couldn't decode it.

http://youtu.be/wT-8Dm1VThc

2020-02-17 02:48:59 UTC
Post by %
everybody flood
It was a binary.
Amateurs...
it was about 30 of them , camera rookies , duh
No.  It/they were one.  But they were uploaded in tiny little 512mb
segments which need to be combined and decoded.
if i said there was 30 i'm telling you what was on my screen ,
i don't give a fk what you saw i saw lots of same titled posts ,
and knowing my computer and operating system are more advanced than
yours , i'll trust what i saw on my screen
IOW, you couldn't decode it.
i never tried i just saw about 30 posts ,
i forget if i bothered to click on any ,
i guess i did